• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carpet Cleaning with Extractor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet Cleaning with Extractor...

Hey guys. I'm trying to learn how to clean interiors really well, not just remove floor matts, treat them with Simple Green or APC, scrub, and hose down, and let dry in sun. I bought a Bissell Little Green Machine Auto version and the suction just wasn't there. Long story short, I went and got a rather powerful extractor from my grandparents house. Now, it does have the ability to not only extract, but squirt water out as well. But it is an inconvenience to me to hook it up because it appears the thing will only hook up to a sink faucet. I suppose I could look for some type of adapter maybe to hook it up to a garden hose? I really would like to know if there is another method though for cleaning carpet using only the extractor part of the machine.

Today I had a spray bottle of simple green and a spray bottle of water I've got a scrub brush as well obviously. So I sprayed the carpet with simple green, then sprayed some water on there to get it wet enough to the point where I can effectively scrub the carpet. Then I extracted that out, then I continued to squirt the carpet with the spray bottle of water until the water coming up through the extractor was no longer foamy.

#1) Is that a good process or is there something better?
    #2) Can anyone recommend a carpet shampoo that works well and leaves a nice fresh scent behind?
    Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
    ---------
    SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

U cannot and should not use simple green only. Its a degreaser use it for tough stains and not alone it can damage the fibers and color. Regular carpet soap, or detergent is safer. Just dont use too much of it because the left over soap will attract more stains. Use just enough soap some simple green to get out heavy stains and hot water. Just my two cents.

Comment

Here is what I do when cleaning carpets.

1. Mix solution and prespot heavy stains/oil based stains

2. Wet carpet to be cleaned, I have a mytee extactor with a solution tank so its all with a trigger. You don't need to fully soak the carpets.

3. Brush carpet and scrub stains

4. Vac out soiled solution.

5. Re treat heavily soiled areas if needed.

To answer your question about a shampoo I really like Malco xtracts and xtracts prespotter. Both smell nice and will not attract grime back.
      Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

Ok thanks to both of you guys. Good thing I practiced on the family grocery getter first haha :P.

Do either of you have experience using Zep extractor shampoo? I have heard some good things about it and am going to try it this weekend. I really prefer if I can get a product locally as opposed to buying online.
        ---------
        SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Re: Carpet Cleaning with Extractor...

If you are looking for shampoo(s) etc...do you have a janitorial supplier near by? If so, give them a call or just stop by and see what they have to offer. They are the pros when it comes to cleaning 'stuff.'

Other than getting out as much liquid as possible, make sure things are DRY before you button everything up. You can't believe how quickly mildew can develop.

Bill

Comment

Ok good idea bill. In fact I have to go to a janitorial place tomorrow at work. When I'm there ill have to ask them real quick.
            ---------
            SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

I haven't used their shampoo but I've used some of their other products and they worked fine.
              Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

Now-a-days, Various companies are introduced many kinds of products with up-dated features. Carpet cleaning, for beautification and the removal of stains, dirt, grit, sand, and allergens can be achieved by several methods both traditional and modern. Where to find best and reliable carpet cleaning with extractors ?
                carpet cleaning cranbourne
                carpet cleaning narre warren

Comment

I just picked up a new Aztec Hot Rod Water Extractor, its a pretty good unit.
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I have the Aztec also. Having smaller tanks makes you have to refill often and wait for water to heat up for really dirty interiors. Other than that, I love it for being mobile. Nick if you don't mind, please PM me the products you use and normal process. I don't use it often and want to improve my method. I spray the whole area with APC+ and was told not to put anything but water in the solution tank.

Comment

I'm looking in to getting an extractor also. I've used a steam cleaner for years and I really like it. Its more versatile than an extractor, but I think a good extractor will do a better/faster job on tough stains and really grimy carpet. I'd like to hear what products you use also and your methods (Nick and Soarer5). Thanks for any info.
                      Dr. Detail: I am the detail genius from the movie "Shine."
                      Guard: And your name is...?
                      Dr. Detail: Uhh... Shiney McShine.

Comment

Originally posted by Soarer5 View Post
                        I have the Aztec also. Having smaller tanks makes you have to refill often and wait for water to heat up for really dirty interiors. Other than that, I love it for being mobile. Nick if you don't mind, please PM me the products you use and normal process. I don't use it often and want to improve my method. I spray the whole area with APC+ and was told not to put anything but water in the solution tank.
                        Originally posted by DrdetailNashville View Post
                        I'm looking in to getting an extractor also. I've used a steam cleaner for years and I really like it. Its more versatile than an extractor, but I think a good extractor will do a better/faster job on tough stains and really grimy carpet. I'd like to hear what products you use also and your methods (Nick and Soarer5). Thanks for any info.

From what I understand as well, the only thing that belongs in the solution tank is water. I try and pour it in as hot as possible so it takes less time to heat. Then run the machine to rid the cold water out of the lines.

For shampooing the carpet I use either APC Plus or 3D Carpet shampoo mixed in a bucket of hot water.

I have shampooed a lot of interior without it as it can be done but its hard to do. The extractor just makes it easier.

I like mine a lot, the 200 degree hot water also helps to break up any oily/greasy stains as well.
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I think this is really a very useful post. Thanks
                          carpet cleaning sikeston

Comment

I have a Mytee Lite II & Firebird and they are a perfect combination. Please YouTube my videos. ..

Mytee Firebird Test. Username should be 24anvrodri

Comment

I've been using Meguiar's D106 Fiber Rinse & D116 Protein Stain remover. I've used it both with the Mytee 8070 and a VX5000 steamer with great results. The Fiber Rinse is a great 1st step and will help keep from locking in the stain. I have a few pics here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5402407&type=1 (sorry I was pressed for time so I figured this was the fastest way to show some pics).
                              Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                              www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                              Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');