• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giving APC Plus A Rough Test... WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving APC Plus A Rough Test... WOW!

Hey guys. Well a guy I work with and myself put Meguiars APC Plus to what we think was the ultimate test. A steel scrap hopper at work that has seen some nasty coolant, grease, and who knows what else! My mixing technique was inaccurate to say the least. Lets see, I took a normal spray bottle, filled it up to the 4:1 line with APC Plus, then dumped the contents into a garden pump sprayer. I did that twice. Then I filled the garden sprayer with what was probably 5 liters or so of water. The outside of the garden sprayer is labeled in liters. Without doing any conversions, I am guessing The dilution ratio was much less than 4:1 once I mixed in water in the garden sprayer. None the less, lets get to the pictures!

Before:

What a disaster!!!

THIS IS AFTER JUST SPRAYING APC PLUS ON THE HOPPER AND LETTING IT SOAK FOR A MOMENT

AFTERS!!!! I Did scrub the sides with the rough side of a sponge. Rinsed with Power Washer!

What a beauty now! Meguiars APC Plus is THE ULTIMATE ALL PURPOSE CLEANER. MACHINE SHOP TESTED. I wish I could buy it local!
    Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
    ---------
    SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Re: Giving APC Plus A Rough Test... WOW!

I know APC+ is effective with grease. I've been using it more than just cars. But what you've shown is amazing.
    2010 Subaru Legacy GT - Graphite Gray Metallic

Comment

32 or 28 oz spray bottle?

Comment

That's efen nuts man! You're making me regret buying the gallon of megs degreaser. Oh well, I guess I'll try em side by side when they come in and compare.
        Thanks for posting this.

Comment

looking forward to using my APC+ on my patio deck & railing....winter left a lotta grime....time for some spring clean up! yea and I'll detail the cars as well...lol
          "STRIFE" aka Phil
          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Haha good I'm glad you guys are digging this.

Originally posted by keep_it_clean:499028
            32 or 28 oz spray bottle?
            Man I'm not sure honestly, it was a spray bottle from Home Depot. Whatever the Home Depot brand spray bottle is.

Also, anyone wanna give input as to whether they think I ended up making it more or less than 4:1 ratio? Im really thinkin it was less.
            ---------
            SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

The dilution was approximately 12.21:1

That is, assuming that my math is correct. I haven't done ratios in awhile, but in Chemistry I have done a few dilution calculations.
              Home depot spray bottle - 32oz
              4:1 ratio
              6.4 OZ of product

x2=

12.8 ounzes per 64 oz

378.5mL per 1893mL

diluted to 5Liters

378.5mL per 5000mL

5000mL / 378.5mL = 13.21
              13.21 parts total. 12.21 parts per 1 part. 12.21+1=13.21*378.5=4999.985

Comment

Thanks for those calculations sir! So, well under 4:1, even less than 10:1
                ---------
                SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

You're welcome.
                  That scrap hopper sure cleaned up nicely!

Comment

APC+ is a nice product and does very well with grease. I think it works as well as simple green for degreasing. Meg's Super Degreaser beats both of them for cleaning up oil messes though.

Comment

That's an awesome representation of APC+. I love the fact that my detailing stuff can be used around the house for all kinds of things. I haven't really had to buy many house cleaners for the last six years.
                      Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');