• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does this compare to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this compare to?

I'm having a hard time finding an exteriior trim product locally, and I'm not a big fan of paying shipping charges. I've looked everywhere for Gold Class trim detail, but I can't find it. I did find some Gold Class vinyl and rubber, but I was wondering if it is worth settling for this product. I also was thinking about Vinylex. How do these 3 products compare?

Trim detailer renews color better than GC vinyl protectant. How ever I find that the vinyl protector make the rubber trim more soft. It seems to condition better. It really depends on what are you trying to freshen up. Trim detailer is great for wax stained rubber and fading plastic trim. GC vinyl care is good to treat rubber and plastic in good condition and to keep them soft. Never tried Vinylex.
    Eddie

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I still can't find GC trim detailer locally. I guess I'll give Vinylex a try.

Comment

The trim detailer is a thick gel. It will work better on exterior trim.

Gold Class V&R in my opinion is quite thick and glossy. It will probably work well on exterior trim too, though the trim detailer will probably last the best. I hate this stuff a lot. But it would probably be nice on exterior or tires.

Vinylex is a lot like #40. It's somewhat glossy but not sticky, and has some cleaning ability. I like it the same as #40, though it has a tad more gloss than #40.
        1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
        2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
        1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

Well, I have read a lot of good things about #40 on this site, so I guess I'm not making a bad decision in buying Vinylex. I've also heard good things about Aero 303, but I can't find that either. Do you think a P&B carries Meguiars trim detail?

Comment

why not order on line and have it shipped to you. Cost is minimal and in most cases less for the cost and shipping than what you would pay in stores for the product
            http://iceburgh66.tripod.com/sig6.jpg

Comment

Sorry to bother you guys again, but I have one more question. Target has NXT protectant for vinyl, rubber, and plastic on cllearance for half price. Is this the old version of cockpit shine? Is this stuff any good?

Comment

I believe it is just an old name, not an old product. It's pretty nice, a fair bit glossier than #40 or Vinylex. For me it's somewhere between #40 and Gold Class V&R Protectant. I don't particularly care for the NXT stuff, but it's not too bad. It does leave a somewhat greasy finish. If you touch it, you'll feel it on your fingers.

In my experience it doesn't last long on the exterior.
                1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

That is exactly what I don't want. Thanks for the reply....

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');