• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#6 removing buffer marks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #6 removing buffer marks?

My father just got a brand new Caddy and it seems to have some buffer swirls on it. I just amazed that the dealer have unqualified guys using a rotary. Any way I was just wondering could I get away with being lazy and remove it using #6 cleaner wax with a PC, or would I be wasting my time and do the proper #80/#26 combo?
    Eddie

Hey,

When it comes to buffer marks, removing them really depends on the hardness of the paint. I would suggest trying the #80 Speed Glaze with a W-8006 Polishing Pad. If that does not work, and it may not, you will need to go more aggressive, to #83 DACP and a clean W-8006 pad.

Again, paint hardness is the question. Sometimes the only way to remove rotary instilled buffer marks is to use a rotary. However, give the above a try first.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Tim makes a great point and I would just like to add that the depth of the swirls will also be a factor as to how hard it will be to remove them. Depth is a factor of product, (chemical), type of pad and even pressure.

Your best bet is to do a test spot to see what you can do, but more than likely a dedicated cleaner/polish will be necessary to do the job right the first time.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');