• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Meguiars products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Meguiars products

Good afternoon all.....

If you don't know me im Nick and you can see my Blog style welcome at:

So the car needs a really good clean, i could send it to the pro's who are clearly going to do a better job, but I like at least giving things ago myself... The problem is im an autoglym guy of days gone by, im in Dubai and i cant really get the range here which is a shame... what i can get is Meguiars..

So the situation:
    Car has some low level scratches..
    The paint overall has lost some gleam..
    I live in a Desert, sand to me is what rain is to you guys back in the UK ..

This is what i have purchased and i think the order that i am going to use it..... (Advice here if you think im going wrong please tell me) remember i cant get the whole range..

So:
    1. Wash with jet wash including car shampoo (probably get it done at the car wash first if im honest)
    2. Meguiars smooth surface clay kit (so quick detail and a clay bar)
    3. Meguiars Ultimate compound (i guess this is what i know t-cut to be??)
    4. Meguiars Polishing compound
    5. Meguiars NXT Tech wax 2.0
    6. Meguiars all metal polysh for the tail pipes and i think the headers??

other stuff i have:
    Turtle wax scratch and swirl remover
    Autoglym ultra deep shine... do i use this and if so at what point?
    Autoglym bumper care
    The glass and the interior is fine..

So am i doing this right? and in the right order? also what is the Meguiars equivalent to the autoglym gold label (hi gloss shine i think)....?

Cheers for your help guys..

Re: Help with Meguiars products

1. Wash with jet wash including car shampoo (probably get it done at the car wash first if im honest)
    2. Meguiars smooth surface clay kit (so quick detail and a clay bar)
    3. Meguiars Ultimate compound (i guess this is what i know t-cut to be??)
    4. Meguiars Polishing compound
    5. Meguiars NXT Tech wax 2.0
    6. Meguiars all metal polysh for the tail pipes and i think the headers??
    It looks very good.

NxT Car Wash has very good cleaning ability so for tough jobs I always reach for it.
    Ultimate Compound would be a good paint cleaner in your case after washing and claying your vehicle.
    If possible you could replace Polishing Compound with Ultimate Polish (more gloss).
    Two coats of wax/ sealant (like NxT Tech Wax 2.0) with 24-hour cure period between applications will give you nice uniform coverage/ protection.

So am i doing this right? and in the right order? also what is the Meguiars equivalent to the autoglym gold label (hi gloss shine i think)....?
    Ultimate Polish, M07 Show Car Glaze and M205 Ultra Finishing Polish are ultimate gloss paint polishes.
    Meguiar's newest wax/ sealant Ultimate Wax (available in paste and liquid form) offers longest lasting protection and produces pretty shiny finish as well.

Comment

excellent thanks..... so the nxt 2.0 wax i have acts as a sealant as well?

So if i can find the ultimate wax that would be a good thing to finish with? Whats the difference between the paste and the cream?

Thanks for the advice...

Comment

Good Evening Nick, that's the same order i use, except i use UW&W instead of Meguiars NXT Tech wax 2.0 .

Comment

Some people get a steaking more with the liquid version of Ult. Wax, but I havent, so I dunno.

Not sure what is meant by UW&W instead of Nxt Tech Wax, those are 2 different types of products? Perhaps Nxt Tech Wax instead of Ult. Wax?
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

My Apologies Nick , and Murr1525 , as I have just started using Meguair's products I easy get confused . I wash me car with ULTIMATE WASH N WAX instead of NXT GENERATION CAR WASH.

Comment

Thats ok, I'm sure you'll have it all memorized soon.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');