• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay Bar!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Bar!!!

Hi

Sorry if in wrong bit.

Well i washed the car 2day and also clayed it at the same time.

I made more scratches than she had before, so now i am Scratch X the car.

Do i need to use DC2 or go straight to NXT???

Thanks
    Dave
    Focus ST170
    Imperial Blue
    Climate Pack & Spoiler (3dr)
    Xenons and more...

www.allfords.net *Forum for all Fords

Re: Clay Bar!!!

Originally posted by dave_st170
    Hi

Sorry if in wrong bit.

Well i washed the car 2day and also clayed it at the same time.

I made more scratches than she had before, so now i am Scratch X the car.
    Do you know how you instilled the scratches?

Meguiar's can show you how to remove swirls and scratches, but what's more important is to learn how to not instill them in the first place.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I clayed the car at the same time as washing her.

I wash her and before drying the car i put the clay in the bucket of shampoo and made it wet then lightly wiped it along the car.
      Putting it in the bucket now and then.

It may of been to dry.
      Not sure.

Dave
      Focus ST170
      Imperial Blue
      Climate Pack & Spoiler (3dr)
      Xenons and more...

www.allfords.net *Forum for all Fords

Comment

When production detailers wash and clay a car in one step, they wash the car, and then rinse the car clean and free from any dirt or abrasive particles. Then they clay the car using their car wash solution as the lubricant and then rinse again. These people are experienced and now how to avoid instilling scratches when using this system.

In the future, you may want to wash and dry the car, and then clay the car as a dedicated step using a mist and wipe detailer like Meguiar's Quik Detailer.

Sorry to hear about the scratches, sadly, automotive finishes, especially clear coat finishes tend to be scratch-sensitive in that they resist deterioration, but still scratch very easy. The clear coat finish tends to magnify scratches making it easier for your eyes to see them and because clear coat finishes are typically harder than traditional solvent-evaporation single stage finishes, removing swirls and scratches can be more difficult.

ScratchX is effective for light swirls, scratches and etchings, and if this does not remove the defects you may have to use a machine applied product from our Professional Line.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');