• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

81 Ford Courier Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 Ford Courier Pickup

This neglected pickup was purchased used by my dad back in 82. It has never seen the inside of a garage. I don't believe it has ever been waxed and only wash a few times in it's 24 years of existence. This old pickup was been through the ringer (notice the primer over the rust in the front quarters and various dents). It has around 80,000 miles and will still start on the coldest mornings.

If you will remember, these compact trucks were made by Mazda in Japan and shipped to the states. I believe they were the cabs only and Ford added the beds and shipped them out to dealers here in the US. This would definitely explain the 2 tone paint in the before pics.

Saturday morning, I washed down good with NXT wash. As you can tell from the pics, it was extremely dirty and oxidized. While it was still wet, I clay barred it. Washed again and dryed. It was a cold, gray day so after the wash moved into the garage to complete the detailing. This was the first time I had used a G100 but was very happy with the ease of its use. I let my dad and brother-in-law have a hand at it, they agreed it was very easy for a novice to pick up and use. I even let my 8 year old nephew use it for a while!

I started with #80 and finished it off with a coat of NXT tech wax. I was extremely happy with the results. Took me about 5 hours.

Wow!

That's a dramatic before and after! You did an amazing transformation and even better, shared with others your passion while teaching new skills and introducing them to new products and tools!

"Each one teach one"

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

THAT IS EXTRAORDINARY!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.
      Cars are one of the greatest inventions evah!

Comment

Now that's what detailing is all about. Fantastic job - - simply awesome!
        "NOW IS THE TIME"

Comment

Fantastic work, those are the types of vehicles I love to work on. You get such a feeling of accomplishment when you are finished.

Comment

That looks SO much better! All with just a random orbital too,huh?
            FL

Comment

Originally posted by FlaresideLariat
              That looks SO much better! All with just a random orbital too,huh?
              Yep, just the orbital was used. I had #85 and #82 or 83 that I considered beginning with but Mike instructed me to start with the #80 to see if it gave the results I was looking for. #80 is amazing in how it brings back the life to old paint. Mike said it has oils in it which helps bring back the color and based upon my results, I am a believer. My dad joked that my detail work had probably doubled the value of his truck.

Comment

Holy cow! Nice work!! Thanks for sharing it with everyone!

-RP-
                -The Final Detail-
                Lagrange, Kentucky
                thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Now that is what I call an EXTREME Make-over!!! Well done!!!!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Just as others have said WOW!

You would think its a different truck but the rust spot confirms its the same one!

did the work even out the color difference in the bed and the cab. Kind of looks like it from one of the photos.

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement. I will admit, the results really pumped me up to take on other projects. I detailed my wife's minivan and my pickup last weekend. They looked great although the results were nowhere near as dramatic.

In response to your question, gb387, the #80 improved the paint of the cab so that it now closely matches the bed as indicated by the pics.

Comment

Now that is LOVE.
                        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Impressive work!
                          2003 Mach 1
                          Azure Blue
                          5 speed/IUP
                          2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
                          KY Horsepower

Comment

I'm speachless!!
                            2019 GMC Sierra
                            1500 AT4

Comment