• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RSX Headlight Won't Clear Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSX Headlight Won't Clear Up

So I purchased the Meguiar's heavy duty headlight restoration kit and followed the directions perfectly and even watched videos to make sure I did it correctly. After sanding, I cannot get the headlight to clear up by using the PlastX. I even purchased an orbital buffer and another large bottle of PlastX and still cannot get the tiny scuffs out from the 3000 grit sandpaper. I have tried polishing compound as well with no difference. My headlight is now probably a little worse than it was before I wetsanded it. Anybody have any tips on how to get the fine scuff marks out and get the headlight clear?

Re: RSX Headlight Won't Clear Up

Did you try Megs 105/205?

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Originally posted by imjuspiayin View Post
      So I purchased the Meguiar's heavy duty headlight restoration kit and followed the directions perfectly and even watched videos to make sure I did it correctly. After sanding, I cannot get the headlight to clear up by using the PlastX. I even purchased an orbital buffer and another large bottle of PlastX and still cannot get the tiny scuffs out from the 3000 grit sandpaper. I have tried polishing compound as well with no difference. My headlight is now probably a little worse than it was before I wetsanded it. Anybody have any tips on how to get the fine scuff marks out and get the headlight clear?
      Can you maybe take a picture of the headlights and show them to us? It's possible the scuffs you are seeing could be coming from the 1000 grit sanding disc you used, therefore they cannot be removed with PlastX. You may need to sand them again. I would do 1 headlight at a time, making sure you sand with the 3000 grit for a while, spend a good 5 minutes of straight sanding with only the 3000 grit and inspect with halogen lights.
      '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

What were you using to spin the enclosed yellow wool buffer?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');