• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G220v2 in Australia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G220v2 in Australia?

Hey all, im new to detailing but im getting right into it. It seems im buying more megs products to try every other week. Currently im looking to buy a megs D/A polisher but have have not been able to find one.
    Does anybody know where I can get one from? Preferably in Melbourne, Australia?
    Thanks in advance.

Re: G220v2 in Australia?

Meguiars Australia (MotorActive) usually has them.

If not, you may have to go to an overseas seller such as Autogeek, who ship to Australia. It will probably work out cheaper that way too.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

You don't know of any stores where I could walk in and grab one off the shelf?

Comment

Originally posted by Zed man View Post

The company that Dave mentioned stoped importing this polisher recently, however I do have a spare G220 purchased from Meguiars Australia (MotorActive) a year ago. It has been used once only for 1/2 hour.

Shoot me a message if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Zed man View Post
          Not that I know of, unfortunately. The only place I know of would be MotorActive in Silverwater, Sydney but you're in Melblourne. Plus, FRS says they have now stopped importing them (I wasn't aware of that).

Other than that, you can only get them online. There are two Australian online distributors that you could try (waxit.com.au and carcareproducts.com.au) but honestly, it would work out cheaper getting them directly from the US from a distributor such as Autogeek.
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to respond, its very much appreciated.
            One more question, does i need a G220 or will the G110 work exactly the same in aus?

Comment

You definitely need G220 as our involvement is 220-230 Volt (50 Hz).

The G110 is for US users, as their current is 110 Volt.

Comment

Dang! Thats what I thought.
                I just found what looked like an awesome deal in eBay.

Comment

Singapore have the G220v2.

Comment

Can you not just get a stepdown transformer or an automatic voltage regulator with a 110v output? That's what we (local forum members) do (get the DAs from the US, then use transformers or AVRs), since our power supply is 220v here as well.
                    Francis

Comment

I am in Hong Kong and we have G220v2 for HKD1980

I can help u get it and ship it to you.
                      you pay me back by Paypal.
                      Dennis
                      Nissan Fuga | 日產 風雅 | 日産 フーガ

Comment

Why not try Meguire's here in New Zealand that is where I got my G220 from
                        They are wounderful people to deal with & the exchange rate is not to bad at the moment
                        Have A Smurfie Day
                        Take Pride In Your Ride...

Comment

Sorry for the late response, i just got back from a holiday. Thanks for everyone for taking the time to respond and for the offers of help.
                          Unfortunately the gearbox in my car died 2 days before I left, so I'm going to have to wait a while for a polisher.
                          Thanks once again

Comment

when you do get around to getting one, maybe consider buying from America and running it through a step down transformer. I have a porter cable 7424XP that I got a great deal on, i just had to buy a step down transformer off ebay and it works a treat!

Comment

Been looking for G110...was not aware of the voltage issue......found one on autogeek at $119 but they wanted $195 to post it to Melbourne.....not paying that!
                              Now looking for the power compatible G220v2 ...... PPLd....when & If I get one.......would you be happy to paypal? Really just need the machine & the yellow & black pads.
                              Ultimate Edition, Ultimate Edition Oz, Oz Unity,OzRedux64,BlackOpal

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');