• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Infiniti FX35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Infiniti FX35

Hello,

I've purchased the following products at a detail store to work on a Black Infiniti FX35 with some light scratches and swirls:

Meguiar's Clay
    1Z Polish
    Meguiar's Speed Glaze M80
    1Z Wax

I also have a Porter Cable DA buffer with pads to be used for polish/glaze (identical pads) and a pad for wax (softer).

1- I'm new to this and was wondering if the order above should be applied to the car.
    2- Does the speed glaze go on after the Polish?
    3- Also, did the shop inform me correctly that I would want to apply the polish and the glaze (seems like maybe I should apply one or the other?)?
    4- Finally, after a couple of weeks can I simply apply the glaze and then the wax to keep things looking nice or do I need to start at the beginning again - clay, polish, glaze, wax?

thanks,
    R

Re: Black Infiniti FX35

clay
    m105 light cutting pad --> if not effective heavier cutting pad
    m205 --> heavy polishing pad ---> softer bad if still not finishing with desired shine
    M 7 soft jewling pad
    insert wax here

Comment

Re: Black Infiniti FX35

Thanks for the feedback...However, I was wondering what to do with the products I have - should I put the glaze on after the polish.

I guess wax then glaze then wax doesn't make sense sense the glaze will take off the wax? thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');