• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaner wax after polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner wax after polish?

I have always just used meguiars cleaner wax about every three months , but I just bought meguiars ultimate polish. Is it okay to polish then use the cleaner wax?

Re: Cleaner wax after polish?

Yes you can do that were you planning on put on another wax on after the cleaner wax like gold class or nxt 2.0 or ultimate wax for examples

Comment

No.

You would effectively be going:
      Clean
      Polish
      Clean
      Polish
      Wax

As you can see, you would be repeating yourself, and removing the polishing oils from the Ult. Polish.

You will want a regular wax, like Gold Class+, Nxt 2.0, or Ult. Wax, etc to follow up the Ult. Polish.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Like Polaris said, that process is fine, but if you're only waxing every 3 months, you may want to invest in one of the 3 waxes he recommended.
        Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
        ---------
        SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Originally posted by alexrutland2 View Post
          I have always just used meguiars cleaner wax about every three months , but I just bought meguiars ultimate polish. Is it okay to polish then use the cleaner wax?
          IMPO I would to Megs UP with one of the 3 wax/sealants mentioned. I use Megs CW for 1 steps and sometimes top it with another wax/sealant for added protection. Most AIO products don't have much in the durability department, so try something like Megs new Ultimate Wax and instead of waxing every 3 months you might be able to get away with 6 months.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
          "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Cleaner wax after polish would just take off your polish.

Comment

Thanks, I think I'm going to try the ultimate wax

Comment

ultimate polish then ultimate wax is a great combo make sure to put it on very thin good luck!

Comment

As has been mentioned, if you were to use a cleaner wax AFTER Ultimate Polish, the cleaners will remove the polishing oils left behind from the UP. Therefore you have negated the point of using the UP in the first place.

You want to use a product that is a 'regular' wax - GC+, NXT 2.0, UW, #21, #26 are all suitable...

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');