• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Clean Car Auto-Dry and NXT Car Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Clean Car Auto-Dry and NXT Car Wash

After detailing my cars with NXT liquid wax several weeks ago, I finally got around to washing them.

Since I use the Mr. Clean device to rinse my car with filtered water (and thus fewer water spots), I decided to replace the Mr. Clean car wash with NXT wash. The NXT wash is thicker, and this was evident in use in the Mr. Clean device -- the sudsing was even but seemed a little weak. I used it nonetheless and was very satisfied with the results. Not sure if this is because of the NXT wash or wax (or both), but after a quick dry both cars look and feel like they were just waxed.

I also wax my window glass with NXT wax and get what I think are superb results -- is anyone else doing this?
    Last edited by raydoug; Mar 26, 2005, 05:36 PM.

I tried the mr. clean wash device with gold class a while back. Wasn't impressed. It was so much more work than just using a bucket for the wash solution. The Mr. clean device is now the official end to the hose in the side yard that is used for dog washing. I tried putting some of his shampoo in it a while back. Didn't work that well either.

Comment

Conclusion on Mr. Clean AutoDry

My conclusion re: the Mr. Clean AutoDry is that is provides a basic means to rinse your car with filtered water (for those of us who don't have other means) to reduce water spots, though the water is applied at a relatively low pressure and you must carefully work each body panel to insure all hard water has been washed off.

Regarding the car wash application, I think I would be better off with NXT diluted in a bucket.

Comment

I would have to agree with everyone else. I have tried using different Meguiar's soaps in the Mr. Clean gun and it also seems like too much trouble. The Mr. Clean is great for some of my friends to use who don't really detail and only have a couple of minutes to get the job done.

I'll stick to the old fashioned bucket method.

Chris
        Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

I too have substituted the Mr. Clean soap with NXT soap. Unfortunately, the results aren't too good. I believe the Mr. Clean autodry soap has special ingredients in it that help with the automated drying process.

I'm going to stick with using NXT + regular bucket.
          Claying and Wiping machine for ocprodetailers.com

Comment

Ditch the Mr. Clean and get a foam gun! If you follow Ebay closely or do a Google search for shower foam gun under janitorial supplies you should find an online source. I got mine locally from a Meguiars dealer.

The manufacturer is Gilmour and the cap can be orange plastic or blue plastic.I've seen the blue under the Butcher's brand.

If you put some diluted NXT, GC, whatever wash in it, you'll love the streaming, foamy soap solution it produces. You'll have a constantly flowing soapy barrier between the wash mitt and the paint. It's great for over kill, marring fress results.

It's one device I'd encourage Meguiars to brand. Simple Green has done so.
            my product collection-- New !
            My Detailing Credo
            Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Bill D.
              Is it this? There are a few... this one runs $62

Looks like that would really give you some sudsing action!
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Yes, that is the correct price range but that is not the Gilmour brand. The Gilmour has an all brass sliding mixing adjustment bar. This is important for longevity especially for frequent use in car washing. However, I believe the site that photo comes from actually ships the Gilmour model. It wouldn't hurt to confirm this with them.
                my product collection-- New !
                My Detailing Credo
                Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

But really wanted filtered water

A better sudsing machine is a great idea, but the original thought of trying to make the Mr. Clean work was to get the benefits of the built-in water filter. I'm not a professional detailer, so I don't want to incur the expense of installing a built-in filtering device and was looking for a portable solution to water spots.

Comment

Garden Hose Filter

They carry many different types of filters including softening filters. The cost is slightly more than Mr Clean's system.

I attached quick connect adapters to my filter and it's a snap to install ad remove the filter from the hose for yard watering and such.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');