• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ultimate quick wax vs gold class quick wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultimate quick wax vs gold class quick wax

Which product do you think will look better on a black car and which is easier to use. And how do the quick detailer products compare to the quick waxes.

Re: ultimate quick wax vs gold class quick wax

The QD products just remove dirt, and leave some oils behind to shine things up a little.

The spray wax products leave some wax behind, to add to the protection of your base coat of wax. Or to try to add back some of what the environment has removed.

The UQW is pretty top of the line. It is probably priced that way.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

So this ultimate would be better over the gold class

Comment

Based on what I've read, the GCQW will work better on black paints.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I guess the question is what does 'work better' mean.

Comment

The shine and ease of use

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              I guess the question is what does 'work better' mean.
              It will make the paint look darker and glossier I think.
              2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Is the professinal m34 final inspection detailer compariable to these products.

Comment

Polaris-you're comparing apples to oranges. Are you looking for a quick wax or a quick detailer ? Quick wax is exactly what the name implies. This is a wax on , wax off (wowo )
                  product. This is applied to a surface that has been cleaned and prepped to your satisfaction.Maybe even a wax surface that was starting to lose its gloss and need a little boosting. The quick detailer would go on a car that had already had paint correction and a coat of wax but may have a light layer of dust to be remover but not in need of a wash. The search button here is your friend, You will find QD is used in many ways that weren't in Meguiars original plan. Some add it to their waterless wash or as a lube for claying the paint surface.Final Inspection and Last Touch are types of detailing products. I suggest read and read as much as possible and come back to the forum and ask away.
                  Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
                  317-513-4678

Comment

Its certainly possible the Gold Class Spray Wax may look best, while the UQW has the best protection. But that UQW already looks great.. cant even imagine better, that would be impressive.

Comment

I am looking for something after the wash so i think i will get the uqw because I wash the car once a week if needed but might also try the uqd because it can get very dusty in my garage. Thanks for the help have any of you had problems with these products streaking. Thanks again !

Comment

Well, UQW should be applied very light... not like a coat of wax or anything. Applied heavy it will streak.

Comment

So work small sections , maybe two sprays for a two foot section.

Comment

I use even less..........here is part of a post I did a while back at AGO.

The next step was to apply Ultimate Quik Wax to the car. I applied a coat of NXT 2.0 about 2 weeks ago and have since applied two coats of Ultimate Quik Wax. This constitutes the third coat.

I used a Meguiars Supreme Shine microfiber to apply.

It is best to spray two spritzes of the product onto one side of the towel. If you simply spray UQW on the car and start wiping it around then the towel will absorb the product while you are trying t spread it making the job more difficult. Priming one side of the towel like this aids in spreading the product because the towel won't want to absorbas much product.

2 sprays onto the hood is all I need to cover the area. With UQW, you should apply it thin enough that you don't have to buff off any residue. It dries almost instantaneously and streak free. I always turn the towel over to a dry side to lightly buff the area to ensure it's streak free though.

Here is 2 sprays on my hood.

Remember, the car is clean when you apply UQW or any spray wax so there should be no need to refold the towel and use a new side. As you keep spraying and wiping, more UQW will accumulate on the towel and you can use less and less as you go along the car. Two sprays per panel like a door is the most you should need. As you work your way around, 1 spray may only be needed. Evenutally, you will be applying very little product to the surface because the towel will be moist with UQW.

In fact, if the towel is moist with UQW, try wiping it across the panel. You should see streaks that disappear almost instantly as you wipe across the panel. This is the UQW drying on the surface. That is all you need to use this product effectively. Less is more with this product IMHO.

I have used this bottle three times now as I bought it new a few weeks ago. It comes with 15.2 oz of product.

Here is how much product I used for three times around my Civic including windows.

The lower black mark is 12 oz and the higher is the 13 oz. I poured out the UQW bottle into this measuring apparatus and found about 12.5 oz of UQW still in the bottle. This comes out to 0.9 oz per use for the entire car.

Now, let's see some afters!

Tedrow's Detailing
                            845-642-1698
                            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by polaris View Post
                              So work small sections , maybe two sprays for a two foot section.
                              Not really. I do more like Shawn.

Say I wash the car and rinse it off. Then I use a Water Magnet to getdo a quick first pass around the car for the bulk of the water.

Then I get a fresh Water Magnet, and fold it, and prime it like Shawn. Then I 'take a step back', and overspray the hood for instance. Probably 2-3 pulls like Shawn said, and just let it mist over everything. Then wipe around. to 'final dry' and spread the UQW.

Same for doors, roof, etc. Just stap back, and let it mist and fall over the surface. Then spread/dry.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');