• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Car wash formula change?? What gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Car wash formula change?? What gives?

Hey guys, just recently ran out of the really thick purple car wash and ordered a new one from Meguiars since I couldn't find it locally. I received the bottle but I seemed to remember it was really thick and no where near was able to see through it. What I got was a bluish liquid that you can see right through. On my trip to Denver I came across a sale of the NXT car wash and was surprised when I saw a lone bottle of the original nxt car wash. Of course I bought it, but decided to post this pic just now so you can see the difference. What was Meguiars thinking? Anyone else realize the difference? I had used the blue tint bottle once already and didn't think it was as sudsy or the dirt coming off easier or it being shinier after washing. What do you all think?
    Attached Files
    Yea, I'm a red hot beaner!!

Hi yndio

The appearance of the NXT Car Wash has been changed to a beautiful, clear blue, but the formula has remained the same. Give it another try.

p.s.

You cannot attach photos on this forum, you must upload them to the gallery and then insert them.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

sorry

Didn't know I could not attach pics here. Where exactly do I go to do this?

Comment

I wonder if this is the reason it has been on clearance at Wal-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by evh5150
          I wonder if this is the reason it has been on clearance at Wal-Mart.
          Must be, I caught it on the clearance isle. I should have bought all they had for $3.50 but I was nice and left one.

Comment

I'll miss the purple.

Comment

The purple wash looked kind of brown from some angles so I don't think I'll miss it much.

Comment

I saw the brownish purpel one at the dealer once, I thouhg it had been in the sun too long and turned that color, cause I always buy the blue one.

I love the blue NXT wash, it works great.
                Cars are one of the greatest inventions evah!

Comment

Re: sorry

Originally posted by yndio
                  Didn't know I could not attach pics here. Where exactly do I go to do this?
                  This should help...

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I was at my local friendly-price-gouging Strauss Auto Parts and they had both formulas on the shelf.

It caught my eye but I wasn't even looking for it. The originally thick purple & this orangy-brownish like color. Very confused about it.

I still have more than 1/2 of my 64-Oz Gold Class left and I love using. I'll go for a try as soon as I finish it. (Which is gonna be quite a while; Bought in Fall of 2003 and I'm still using it)
                    1995 Camry LE- Forest Green Pearl/Ivory Cloth
                    2004 Sienna XLE Limited- Blue Mirage Metallic/Stone Leather

Comment

Went to get some stocks today and saw our shops here in South Africa now als have the new blue wash

I did notice that not only did the color change, but now the front label says "Spot free formula" instead of "anti-static formula" that the old one said

Comment

new blue

You're right. I have used the new blue version lately since I don't want to use the old version too quickly. I would say it is better than most other car shampoos out there. The only thing I don't agree on is that it is NOT spot free or maybe it's just that it is nearly impossible to expect that with an Onyx black truck? Anyway, for the price you sure do get a lot of shampoo!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');