• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally bit the bullet and coughed up the $30 and bought UPW and used it for the first time, yesterday. I was a little skeptical and still patchi g up the burn hole in my wallet, but... the difference is incredible.

As I'm writing this, it's currently raining, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing my car in the rain just to see how the UPW works.

Great product! Highly recommend.
    --
    Frank Kecseti
    Detailing Hobbyist

Comment

Re: Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax

Realizing I'm bumping an older thread, I wanted to add that I tried UPW about three weeks ago and had amazing results.

It's my first car in a long time, a used, nearly 10 year old Hyundai with dark blue metallic paint. The comments I've gotten include "that's the shiniest Hyundai I've ever seen."

Worth noting, I also put a layer of Gold Class Carnauba Paste over the UPW, however, being 3-weeks later, I suspect that's long gone, leaving just the Ultimate.

I'd be happy to post photos of the result, and a video I took in the rain yesterday, but I'm not sure forum rules permit that. (mods? Is it OK to show off?)

Comment

^^ that looks great, nice work! :
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Just how different is the liquid from the paste?

Comment

- Liquid won't stain trim, whereas the paste might;
            - One is a paste and one is a liquid;
            - That's about it!
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Your Hyundai looks real neat and shiny!

Ultimate Wax (I have the paste) is a great sealant. One of the easiest (or possible the easiest?) product I've used, plus it has great depth and really brings out the metallic flakes on paint. It is also very durable, a lot more than I gave it credit for.

I actually sort of went the other way around. I used UPW on top of Black wax instead of applying something over UPW.

Comment

How do you clean the foam applicator after using UPW? Can't seem to get the slimyness off

Comment

I just toss mine in the washing machine on warm wash, then air dry.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');