• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New car paint damaged by irresponsible dealer! Warning when collecting new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New car paint damaged by irresponsible dealer! Warning when collecting new car

I swear it seems like dealership "detailers" wash vehicles with a cheese grater. I wonder how many people check their hair and makeup in the paint's reflections. Excellent Work.

Comment

Re: New car paint damaged by irresponsible dealer! Warning when collecting new car

Originally posted by ctgrenade View Post
      I swear it seems like dealership "detailers" wash vehicles with a cheese grater. I wonder how many people check their hair and makeup in the paint's reflections. Excellent Work.
      LOL....most probably Pizza preps...Thanks for your kind words CTgrenade

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
      I'm always happy to see your posts and know that people in Malaysia have someone that cars so much about cars. Great work as always sir.

Thanks MrCLRider for your kind words,
      the least we can do is to bring out this awareness to others

Originally posted by Ravi_1992 View Post
      Wow!! That's some amazing work you've done their KC !

I happen to work at a GM dealership and the detail bay we have is a nightmare, too say the least. They use the same bucket full of wash water and a brush almost all day. We also have untrained people using rotary polishers to buff cars
      Yupp, i guess same the same applies everywhere
      But you are definitely making a different,,,your heart matter above all

remember the story of the stars fish - one day there is a boy saw this old man tossing some weird looking star fishes out to the sea from the shore, so this boy asked "why & what are you doing!"

the old man says the least I am doing this, I am doing for this one

we should be reminded of this & Keep that spirit of courageous in yr heart (beloved detailers)
      it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

I hate to dig up an old thread, but this one seems to best relate to what we're experiencing. My wife and I picked up a new Prius last night, and looking at it under the lights (not good lighting and after dark) and the paint job had all kinds of scuffs, light scratches, and two noticeably deeper scratches. We pointed out the issues and the manager was a complete jerk about everything other than the two major scratches. He claimed that on a sunny day, with the car parked in the shade, that we would never see these marks and that they were actually light refraction.

I want to buff a small area to show them how I expect the finish to look, but don't know a whole lot about it. I have a 4" orbital buffer that I used to clean up the finish on my old Ranger before selling it, but want to make SURE that I don't do any additional damage or add additional scuffing. Can someone provide my a quick run down of how I can easily accomplish this (sorry I don't remember off the top of my head which Meguiar's products I have at home), and also an idea of what I should realistically expect the dealership to provide. Should it be "perfect", or what is considered acceptable? I want it perfect, and don't see why it shouldn't be, but don't know if that is being overly optimistic or not.

Thank you for any help you can provide!!!

Comment

WOW! What a transformation!!!
          2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

Great fix looks great
            auto detailing in Lexington Kentucky

Detailing cars in lexington

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');