• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1993 Mazda Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Mazda Miata

This is my first time trying out an "extreme makeover", so I'm not sure if I've used all the chemicals right. I bought this car from a friend who has kept his car under the sun, never washed for 7-8 months, and I don't think he's ever waxed the car.

Here are my steps:
    1) Wash the car with NXT Car wash
    2) Clay the car
    3) Polish with ColorX
    4) Polish with Meg's Step 2 (maroon bottle)
    5) 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax

BEFORE PICS:

After ...

AFTER PICS:

Comment

great job on bringing the oxidized paint back to life!

Comment

I remember your previous thread about the car. Looks like you've done a good job restoring it to glory. I personally would've skipped DC#2, but did you notice any difference with it?
        Nice car, btw. They're great fun.

Comment

Awesome! I love red car before and afters like that. Great. All done by hand??

RedRSXGrrl

Great work.

Comment

AAAOOOOOOHHHHH!

Red Miatas rock!

Nice job not only on the paint, but the interior looks very fresh.

Put a heat gun about a foot away from that front bumper, on medium-high heat and medium high fan and work it back and forth for about 10 minutes. That indent will come almost all the way out.

After:

Before:

No, really:

As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Thanks

I actually didn't notice any significant difference using #2.

I bought a $10 cordless polisher/waxer to help my apply the ColorX, other than that, all by hand.

I have a question about getting rid of the dents - what is a heat gun? How does it look like? I would love to get all the dents out of the car myself if it is possible.

Nice car, Mosca

Comment

wow thats an awesome shine

Comment

Originally posted by RedRSXGrrl
                  Thanks

I have a question about getting rid of the dents - what is a heat gun? How does it look like? I would love to get all the dents out of the car myself if it is possible.
                  A heat gun looks like a hair dryer but is much hotter. You can get a basic one at Harbor Freight or other Tool Outlets for around $15-$20. Don't let put it too close or leave it one area too long and you should be fine. Great looking car and results. You should be proud. Good luck on the dent removal.

Comment

Nice work!

After cleaning with a dedicated paint cleaner, or a cleaner/wax like ColorX, it can be hard to see a dramatic difference when you next apply a pure polish like the Deep Crystal Polish, but rest assured, the rich polising oils added from the Deep Crystal Polish did in fact build on the results you created with the ColorX.

Looks like fun in the sun for you! If this rain would ever subside we're ready to pull the top of the Blazer!
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike. Yea talk about the rain, ugh. I just wish it would go away! hehe.

Comment

Great Job RedRSXGrrl

It's a huge job for a first timer, but you did superb!

My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

As Barry Meguiar would say in a nice sutle voice......:

"you've created explosive color, and intense shine, while saving time and money, not only did you achive the results you were looking for, you exceeded them. Great Job!"
                          Last edited by hpjunkie; Apr 5, 2005, 02:21 PM.
                          Cars are one of the greatest inventions evah!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');