I have some questions I would like someone to clear up with actual FACTS.
1. Does/ can clear coat oxidize? I have read that it cannot and or that it does not like single stage does. If clear coat cannot oxidize, or does not oxidize like single stage then is there a more proper term for the hazy/ cloudiness we see? And can anyone explain in detail what is physically happening to the paint?
2. Clear coat is the same as base coat minus color pigment? If this were true, then wouldn't clear coat be susceptible to the same oxidation as single stage?
3. Paint is porous. I've read yes, no, becomes more porous with age, water based is more porous than solvent based, etc. Anyone have any facts?
4. Modern paint has oils and can dry out. I have spoke with a few people about this and don't believe it is true at all.
5. UV protection is located near the top of the clear coat, hence the maximum recommended removal rates from Ford, GM, etc.