• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to remove stickers from chrome bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to remove stickers from chrome bumper

Just bought a 1977 Cadillac Coupe Deville with probably 34 year old AAA stickers on rear chrome bumper. What is best way to remove without scratching chrome. Thanks for any ideas,
    Dave

Re: Best way to remove stickers from chrome bumper

Can start with something like Goo Gone.

Try to get what you can off... move onto something like clay or chrome cleaner for the residue.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Try using a hair dryer first to soften up stickers then follow up with Murr's suggestion.

Comment

Steel wool is a good way to get the remaining gunk off, too. I use steel wool and glass cleaner or an all-purpose cleaner as a lubricant.

Comment

Being 34 years old, that chrome should be of a much better variety than is out there today > Meaning harder.

I'd give it a go with new razor blade first, then Goo Gone (or similar) to get th left over gunk off.

Just be gentle.

Bill

Comment

Goo Gone do the job for me.. just let the product sit for a moment before i agitate it with my nail ...
            it's work for my car's windows..
            Proud to be part of Meguiars Family

Comment

Brand new razor that has been dulled on one edge I.e. rubbing it several times across a window. Slowly and carefully work the razor under the sticker. Once you have all of the sticker off take mineral spirits on a rag and wipe the sticky stuff off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark58 View Post
                Try using a hair dryer first to soften up stickers then follow up with Murr's suggestion.
                +1 on the hair dryer (or heat gun) first. Heating up the glue almost always makes the rest of the steps much easier and quicker..

Comment

Use a heat gun to get them soft peal off with a single edge razor them some Goo gone and if that don't work do what murr suggests he's the man

Comment

Spray it with Toilet Cleaner like Mr Muscle and then after 1 to 5 min. scrub it with cloth. It will remove the residue or the adhesive of the sticker from your chrome.

Comment

+1 for Goo Gone or 3M adhesive remover to remove dried adhesive.
                      Andy W.
                      Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
                      Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

goof off and 3M adhesive cleaner work well. Keep the sticker saturated for about 10 minutes. a good way to keep it saturated would be to hold a paper towel over the surface tight with a couple strong magnets and pour the solvent onto the towel.
                        An eraser wheel might work too.
                        2012 VW GLI

Comment

They don't make them like that anymore.

That car is nice. Keep it clean.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');