• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Wheel Brightener / sonax full effect / P21s Gel wheel cleaner ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Wheel Brightener / sonax full effect / P21s Gel wheel cleaner ??????

I have heard great things about sonax from anyone who has used their products and Ive personal had good experiences with P21s but I've never used Meguars Wheel Bright b4 so i would like some first hand experience on it

Meguiars is 70$ for 5 gal
    P21s is 90$ for 5 lit
    Sonax is 99$ for 5 lit

so the Meguiars definilty win the price war, this being said i want something that gets the job done right in one aplication possibly removing as much brake dust and road grime as possible.

Re: Meguiars Wheel Brightener / sonax full effect / P21s Gel wheel cleaner ??????

Wheel Brightener should be diluted, 3:1 or 4:1 is most popular, so you will see 4 to 5 gallons of usable product per gallon purchased, the 5 gallon size you mention will give you 20 to 25 gallons of product. WB is an acid based cleaner and a good product to have but needs to be used much more cautiously than P21S or Sonax which are pH neutral / balanced products. Whereas P21S can be left to dwell on a wheel for hours WB should be left on the surface for under a minute.

Sonax FE and P21S are two very different products than WB in my opinion and are not competition for each other. When working on heavily contaminated production wheels WB is a good option, but more sensitive surfaces (chrome, aluminum, etc.) wheels are much better served by using the safer option of P21S or Sonax.

Comment

Re: Meguiars Wheel Brightener / sonax full effect / P21s Gel wheel cleaner ??????

My wheel cleaning routine is:

On a dry wheel, spray on liberally some WB 4:1, let it work for 45 seconds(approx) then hose off. The front wheels usally get a extra few secs before rinsing.

I then spray the wheels & tires down with APC+ 4:1, but I will use my Daytona wheel brush, and several other brushes to get at any noticeable dirt or grime.

After washing the car, I then blast dry with my leaf blower.

Wheel brightener is the best value out there, I was looking at the Sonax full effect but for just a small bottle(and $15-20) and the fact I wash my wheels soo regularly.....I haven't really considered it as i wouldn't see the product turn "purple" ...at least on my wheels. I would consider it if I were detail for $$$ on the side....
      "STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

thanks you both for the usefull info im thinking im going to go with both the sonax 5 lit and the 5 gall of WB and also a 5 gal of APC since the 2 meguiars products are so dam cheap i can use them on less delicate rims and ill use the sonax on anything thats more delicate.

Comment

Originally posted by lightspeed1212 View Post
          im thinking im going to go with both the sonax 5 lit and the 5 gall of WB and also a 5 gal of APC since the 2 meguiars products are so dam cheap
          Just use chemical resistance sprayer (not standard sprayer) with Wheel Brightener and fully rinse it in plain water shortly after each use to prevent clogging.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');