• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home brews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home brews

If your goal was to use something for use as a daily wipedown that leaves something behind I would stick to LT. While it doesnt leave protection down for say it does leave a slick silicone finish that repels water and if you are using it daily that repellency would be replenished. The fact of the matter is, using something like m135 daily is not feasible. Layering on m135 daily doesnt continue to enhance anything. There is no true building of product or gloss. That is what the wax is for. In addition, LT outshines m135 in cleaning ability which is an important factor to take into consideration when you are doing daily wipedowns.

The added lubricity in LT will help reduce your chances of marring from wiping dust and dirt. However, I would encourage you put the QD's down and save it for after washing, for use on a clean surface. The more you touch your paint the higher the chances of you instilling scratches. You're vehicle is white so you might not notice it but on a black car, it would be very apparent.
    Alan T.

Comment

To be honest, I have not had any issues with the methods I am describing
      If issues arise methods will be changed

I trade off between Last Touch and M135 for no particular rhyme or reason

The fact that I can have a clean car for weeks on end and not have to drag out the hose is kinda nice

Comment

Originally posted by Bjkearns View Post
        To be honest, I have not had any issues with the methods I am describing
        If issues arise methods will be changed
        Sort of like lawyer.
        Spot an issue.....develop an answer(product).......Do it (application).
        Experimenting seems like a great way to gain product knowledge, since I don't have a lot of cars to work on. [Didn't think I was going like this thread, until you got to the fun part: "Why"]

UW + H20
        I like UW, but apply it with a damp sponge, in effect adding water to the UW.
        My water/UW mix seems to result in a very thin coat, barely visible even as it dries. Jury is still out as to whether there is a "too thin" when applying UW. No streaking though.

Might try wetting the paint with ONR spray bottle mixture next time to protect the finish when I don't do a full wash. Right now the water only keeps the UW out of the sponge and floats the wax over the surface.

Oh....Reasoning: Oil floats.
        Last edited by Jossy92; Nov 2, 2011, 12:49 PM. Reason: typos
        Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
        by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Something like that

I had a good time doing this project
          I am always willing to try a product or technique as long as it isnt stupid

having fun is what makes life

If given a sample of any product from my boys at Detailing.com, I will always accept and say thank you
          I have tried quite a few samples and always seem to find myself coming back to Meguiar's products
          Mother's
          Aero very $$$
          Surf City Garage
          Adam's

I will always sample a product

Comment

I finished off the rest of the Irvine special this evening
            no crazy results

All in all I had a good time
            I think it is a good thing to experiment

Comment