This is a different job from most...as the car belongs to my idiot best friend who couldn't care less about caring for a vehicle. He's looking to sell it and I'm getting tired of looking at it...so I figured I'd detail it so it'd sell faster.
A few notes.
I'm not using the best products.
I'm not using the most care.
I'm not being extremely careful.
I'm not worried about taking too much clear coat off.
A job like this gives me a chance to try new products, new techniques, new pad combinations, etc etc. I love testing a proven product like M105 and using it side by side with a way less expensive product from "detail king." I also enjoy using different pad combinations with every type of polish I own...to see how each product works on a relatively soft paint from a Japanese manufacturer.
Today I detailed the interior and used the carpet extractor to take out some of the more ugly stains. Achieving perfection isn't the objective...as I'm just looking to "improve" this thing enough to watch it sell.
On to the pics...
Used a new product interior detailer from meguiar's...which I kinda like. It's not 303 aerospace protectant, but I like it. Leather hasn't been treated...will do that at the end.
On to a few pics of the paint.
Polish from Detail king that I've never had much luck with...white pad that I got with PC DA that I just put on the shelf. Keep in mind, this is just one stage...plan on using a second m205 like product from detail king tomorrow.
Polish worked ok...its not m105, but its half as expensive. As always, you get what you pay for most of the time!
Shot of the hood after one pass with m105 like product from detail king. Will post the name tomorrow...after I do a 2nd 3rd of the hood with m105 w/ same white pad. It'll be fun to do a comparison with better lighting.
Here is a shot of the fender after using a yellow foam pad (from detail king that I actually kinda like...similar to LC yellow pad...but way thicker) and rotary buffer. This was the first time I'd used a foam pad with a rotary buffer...so I wasn't sure of the results. As you can see, scratches were removed and lighter swirl's were left behind. This isn't a great combination...and proves just how efficient and useful a DA is with the right pads...when working with a relatively soft paint.
I will post more pictures tomorrow...as I continue using this thing as a way to test new techniques/products, etc.