• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Rims Brake Dust Barrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hot Rims Brake Dust Barrier

Originally posted by atikovi View Post
    Any alternative products?
    I've personally moved onto wheel coatings. They not only last longer but they are more durable. There are quite a few on the market such as CarPro DLUX, Pinnacle Black Diamond Wheel Coating, McKee's 37 wheel coating.

If you are not ready to move to coatings, you can also use ultimate quik wax every wash to keep some sort of protection on the wheels. You could even use the sealant you use on the paint. It would need regular application.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Another one I forgot about is McKee's 37 wheel glaze which is a wheel sealant. This is sold through Autogeek or Autopia as it is one of their house brands.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

How about if i using super degreaser to wash the wheel, is it can wash off the Hot Rims Brake Dust Barrier?

Comment

Originally posted by okboy View Post
          How about if i using super degreaser to wash the wheel, is it can wash off the Hot Rims Brake Dust Barrier?
          Depending on what concentration you use it at, it would probably deplete it to some extent, yes.

But the point is, you shouldn't be needing to use anything as strong as SD to clean the wheels after you have applied BDB.
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');