• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crayon scratch repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crayon scratch repair

ok so #1 primer is grey on most cars, #2 they do not look horribly deep, #3 consult a professional detailer through the forums, #4 get some scratchX or swirl X from a local auto parts store, follow directions on bottle and report back, i bet you wont notice the scratches nearly as much after this consult a professional if you still want them mostly gone from the car.it just looks like scratched clear coat, sanding clear coat you get a white slurry or dust(depending on method) so when a scratch happens from something like a tree or blunt object it turns white like it would if you took a peice of sand paper folded it and used the crease to sand, try the products i said and see what it does, worst case is you spend 10$ and you have product just incase of paint transfer or other spot blemish removal your doing.good luck with it

Comment

Originally posted by opie_7afe View Post
      ok so #1 primer is grey on most cars, #2 they do not look horribly deep, #3 consult a professional detailer through the forums, #4 get some scratchX or swirl X from a local auto parts store, follow directions on bottle and report back, i bet you wont notice the scratches nearly as much after this consult a professional if you still want them mostly gone from the car.it just looks like scratched clear coat, sanding clear coat you get a white slurry or dust(depending on method) so when a scratch happens from something like a tree or blunt object it turns white like it would if you took a peice of sand paper folded it and used the crease to sand, try the products i said and see what it does, worst case is you spend 10$ and you have product just incase of paint transfer or other spot blemish removal your doing.good luck with it
      I agree opie, I am not sure why no one has suggested this yet, as the pictures don't look like they go to primer. I believe the SwirlX, etc idea is great, and cheap at that. Maybe the crayons are covering up more than we think, but I say give it a try.

Where are you located? I am sure someone on the forum would lend a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by karrun View Post
        ...from being rubbed by a bush when pulling the car out of the garage...
        Originally posted by karrun View Post
        ...evergreen bushes next to the driveway...
        Hmm... I'm thinking you may need to trim your bush
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I would check out a marker. It can't hurt and it'll be removed anyway if you save up to get it fixed.

On a side note, I am very impressed by your ingenuity. That was a great idea.

Comment

I would wet sand with 2000 and buff . Those scratches don't look to deep in the photos . Take your finger nail and rub it over the scratch . If you don't feel the scratch with your finger nnail you can do this . If you feel the deepness of it , it will need a repaint .

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');