• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I doing wrong?

Every time when I use Ultimate Quik Wax, it leaves dark streak marks. So what am I doing wrong? I 'm not spraying a lot onto the car. I spray a little, spread it around with a microfiber towel and then wipe it off with the other side of the towel. Any advises?

Re: What am I doing wrong?

I experience that problem when I try to use only 1 microfiber towel. It's mainly coming from the dampness of the towel with the UQW that's left in it. The solution to the problem is to have a second and dry microfiber towel to wipe off the residue.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if this works.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I have found that with Sythetic xpress spray wax which is the gallon version of UQW that I need to actually buff down the surface after drying

Comment

i just use a Megs even coat applicator pad to spread the UQW around a panel, and wipe off with a dry ss towel, works great
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I do the same thing as Marc, for the exact same reason. Even lightly misting the car's surface, by the time I get about halfway done, the towel I use for application gets saturated enough that it won't completely absorb the excess wax. I'll usually use one MF for application, still turning to a clean side every couple of panels to minimize any chance of scratching, and one or two MFs for the final wipe, also turning to a clean side every couple of panels.

Comment

I suppose I take the opposite approach.

Once the towel is damp, I dont have to keep spraying as much. One trigger pull over the whole door, with the towel already damp, seems to come out good for me.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just to be clear, I get the streak marks when wiping it off, not applying, but thanks for the input. I'll try using a second towel to wipe off instead of using one. Come to think of it, when I first used UQW, I used 2 towels and since then I only been using one. So maybe that's why.

Comment

I think if you are actually putting enough on the surface that there is some visible left to remove, you are using too much.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I can't be using too much. I always start on the hood, I only spray once, spread it around and then wipe off, but yet it still left streak marks. Plus the towel was dry to begin with. Also, I'm not even pulling the trigger all the way to spray.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');