• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Swirls by hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Swirls by hand

I have light to medium swirl marks on a well maintened paint.
    What should I use to remove them : MPPC or # 9 ( maybe both ?)
    I plant to follow with # 81 and NXT tech wax.
    My paint is Silver w/ clearcoat. I will be doing it by hand.

Im not sure what MPPC is but I would use Dual Action Cleaner Polish #83. Then do swirl free polish and finish it with NXT.
    Elite Mobile Detailing

Comment

I didnĀ“t know DACP worked by hand.
      Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Anyone else ?

Comment

I would not use DACP by hand. You could use it with a PC though it will take longer than with a rotary. DACP by hand can leave micr-marring on your paint surface. I have found MPPC to be the best for swirl removal by hand. MPPC was designed for use by hand or orbital buffer (PC). You can order the MPPC from a PBE dealer or direct from Meguiar's. Another alternative would be Scratch X which is easier to find. You can get it at Wal Mart or Target. It is not quite as good at swirl removal as MPPC but it will work well if the swirls are very light. #9 is not aggressive enough for swirl removal IMHO.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Would it be a good idea to follow MPPC with # 9 ?
            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');