• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyper-Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-Wash

Just picked a gallon up on my last order, never tried it but had always wanted to see how it compared to other washes. I think its been around for a while now.

Very slick, nice scent, pretty good cleaning power, and is to be used at 1oz per 5 gallons of water. There is a cost savings even though the Hyper-Wash is priced a little higher than Super Soap & Shampoo Plus.

I have used it in the foam gun and it foams okay but not as nice as Super Soap, which I would expect anyways.

I was suprised how well it worked at such at such a low ratio, I would imagine its just highly concentrated though. I would rank it right up there with Super Soap & Shampoo Plus giving the Shampoo Plus a little edge in the look/finish afer the wash.

I like the product enough to start using it for my weekly & monthly wash customers.

For reference I have used all other Meguiars washes, other brands which would include ONR, 3D Wash & Wax, 3D Waterless Car Wash, Mothers Car Wash, and a few other generic brands just to name a few.

I used the Hyper-Wash on a truck that had not been washed in over a month. I used only a couple oz for a foam pre-soak and to hand wash with.

Filthy F-250:

After washing & dressing the tires:

Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: Hyper-Wash

I look forward to using my gallon of HyperWash too....1 oz per 5 gallons/ water is amazing....for home use....I may be set for a few yrs...lol
    I also have a gallon of GC & a bottle of UW & W......cannot wait to compare the assorted washes
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I need to get a foam gun, I was thinking of trying nxt car wash I remember you using it a couple times does it clean good? allso does it foam well also.
      seams like all the car washing I do I need to step up to a gallon size of of somthing.
      2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
      1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
      1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
      1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
      1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

Thanks for list of other soaps you've tried.

I bought a 5'er of Super Soap awhile back and the gallon of Hyper-Wash sits on the shelf. I'll use the Hyper-wash this winter, when I wash more often. That 400:1 ratio is hard to beat, but I love Super Soap.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

I do like Hyper-Wash in a foam gun (never tried it in a foam gun per say but tried a different foaming tool) but I do not like for my regular bucket wash. I don't feel like it has the lubricity of Gold Class or NXT or UWW at the recommended ratio. However, at 2 oz. per 5 gallons, it rocks!!!! Way more slick, more suds, and just a thicker wash than at 1 oz/5 gallons.
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
            I look forward to using my gallon of HyperWash too....1 oz per 5 gallons/ water is amazing....for home use....I may be set for a few yrs...lol
            I also have a gallon of GC & a bottle of UW & W......cannot wait to compare the assorted washes
            I always liked Gold Class and have used hundreds of jugs of it. I think Gold Class is one of the best OTC car washes on store shelves. I think you will like the Hyper-Wash a little more than GC.

Originally posted by Scott's 62 View Post
            I need to get a foam gun, I was thinking of trying nxt car wash I remember you using it a couple times does it clean good? allso does it foam well also.
            seams like all the car washing I do I need to step up to a gallon size of of somthing.
            NXT Generation Car Wash cleans very well, it foams enough but nothing close to Super Soap. Sometimes I throw in a couple oz of NXT when using SS in the foam gun.

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
            Thanks for list of other soaps you've tried.

I bought a 5'er of Super Soap awhile back and the gallon of Hyper-Wash sits on the shelf. I'll use the Hyper-wash this winter, when I wash more often. That 400:1 ratio is hard to beat, but I love Super Soap.
            I like Super Soap as well, it foams and cleans so well.

As for other soaps I have used, I really love 3D Wash & Wax. I think it blows Ultimate Wash & Wax out of the water. Its priced well, very slick, foams very well, and leaves behind an incredible finish.

Originally posted by Shawn T. View Post
            I do like Hyper-Wash in a foam gun (never tried it in a foam gun per say but tried a different foaming tool) but I do not like for my regular bucket wash. I don't feel like it has the lubricity of Gold Class or NXT or UWW at the recommended ratio. However, at 2 oz. per 5 gallons, it rocks!!!! Way more slick, more suds, and just a thicker wash than at 1 oz/5 gallons.
            I will have to try adding another oz to see how that works.
            Nick
            815-954-0773

Comment

I like to save my Ultimate Wash for the body, so I often use Hyper Wash for wheels and wheel wells. It's also what I use for a regular wash if I'm planning on waxing. Great product for the money.

Comment

Maybe my guesstimation of 1 ounce (one glop poured quickly) isn't very accurate. I was never satisfied with the amount of suds from my 1 ounce. I've gone back to a generic brand sold by my local distributor. It's a bit cheeper and tons of suds with the same glop of product. Keep in mind I don't use a foam gun, just the regular bucket wash.

Comment

Hmmm i will try 1 oz/ 5 gallons first...then try 2 oz/ 5 gallons........or maybe 1oz/ 4 gallons?? looks like time to experiment!! I also just rec'd my Griot's Garage foam gun.......I'm gonna have some fun
                  "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

I never actually fill the bucket all the way with water. I put in about 3-4 gallons (3 for smaller cars, 4 for larger cars), and then blast it to get some suds. With 2 oz. the suds are really nice and thick and last the emtire wash. I have yet to see a single wash that lasts an entire wash with only 1 oz/3-4 gallons.
                    Tedrow's Detailing
                    845-642-1698
                    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

^ hmmm good to know, but Vancouver water is pretty soft....think your NY water is a bit harder?
                      I usually fill my 5 gallon Home depot bucket with 3.5 to 4 gallons of water....4 gallons when using my Griot's Garage 6 gallon wash bucket.
                      I think I will adjust the soap ratio based on how dirty my vehicles are.....but since my cars are fairly clean....i'm thinking 1 oz will work great for me
                      "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

Come to think of it I am only putting 4 gallons of water in the bucket myself.

I use almolst all of the water while washing too.
                        Nick
                        815-954-0773

Comment

Tuck,

I was wondering if you ever tried Perls it's a 1z product or M-62 wash.

I've been thinking about Opt wash I heard it's great.

Comment

I might need to start using more water when I wash, I usually only put 2 gallons in the bucket and I maybe use half of it, hah.

Comment

Saturn, Never tried the Perl wash, but have used some M62 and its a nice product for a car kept up in shape.

ethereal45, for a small two door car that is barely enough IMO. I dont think you can perform a quality wash on a pickup or SUV with that little water.
                              Nick
                              815-954-0773

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');