• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review of #21 Synthetic Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of #21 Synthetic Sealant

This is my review of #21 that is due since I received a sample. I stole this review template from another place.

1. Packaging & Labeling. Is it well packaged? Are the labels durable?
    Package was a small bottle with a white label. Of course this is not the normal packaging.

2. Helpful instructions on label?
    No instructions on label.

3. Does product do what the manufacturer claims it does?
    See this post for product claims. New Product Announcement!
    I feel it meets and exceeds the claims in the thread. #21 gives a real nice wet look to the paint. Depth and clarity is also great.

4. Value. Is the product a good buy? If a liquid product, how much per ounce? Does a little go a long way?
    This is a sample so no purchase. Product usage is similar to other waxs/sealants.

5. Easy to use? Hard to use? Did you read the directions and use as directed?
    Funny, there weren't any directions on the bottle, but I applied with the pc and finish pd at 4.5 speed. I'll use NXT for comparison since it is my go to topper. Ease of use just like NXT but better. How's that you ask? I've found NXT kind of temperamental to apply using the pc. It get those stripes where the wax is thinner in one part than another. It's my own misapplication problem, not NXT. If I slow down my passes or add a bit more NXT it goes on fine. Well #21 is a breeze to apply. #21 asks for speed while its applied. It spreads well and stays wet long enough to cover the panel and work the product in the paint a little too. Removal was with the pc and Ultimate bonnet. Piece of cake. Just like NXT. Hand application/removal was very easy also.

6. If known, what is the pH of the product? Is it safe for enthusiasts or should it be for professional use only?
    pH not sure.
    Anyone can use. The product size is 64 oz. That should last most individuals quite a while.

7. Describe the product smell, viscosity and other physical traits if any.
    Smell: kind of chemical in nature.
    Viscosity: #21 is somewhat thicker than most waxes. (NXT)
    Other traits: nothing out of the ordinary (cept the purple color).

Summary: Very good product. Easy to use. The nice thing about using this product is that any Meguiar's polish/cleaner can be used with the sealant to prep surface. This is a nice feature as one can use the polishes needed to repair paint defects and move on to the LSP. The price point seems fair. I think the MSRP of #21 is $40 for 64 oz. NXT is an 18 oz bottle for like $15 and change. So NXT would cost around $53 for an amount equivalent to #21.

Hyper wash
    Detailer clay
    AIO

Excellent review scrub. A before and after shot in bright light of a horizontal panel would be good when possible, sometimes weather and lighting make this difficult.

I must apologize, I didn't think to type up some directions to go with the samples. I could have lifted the copy off the back of the actual M21 container.

For everyone else that received a sample, here are the directions from the actual container.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back Label

Synthetic polymer formulation provides technologically advanced paint care and protection.
    • * Produces a noticeably deeper, darker, more reflective paint finish
      * Synthetic polymers deliver extreme protection
      * Eliminates fine scratches and swirls, creating a flawless finish
      * Glides on easily, with a smooth, resistance-free wipe-off

METHOD OF APPLICATION: For use by hand, orbital buffer, D.A. polisher or rotary buffer.
    DIRECTIONS: Apply in the shade and on a cool surface. If finish is neglected, pre-cleaning is recommended. Apply a small amount of product to applicator or foam buffing pad and spread a thin, even coat on vehicle's painted surfaces. DO NOT APPLY TO VINYL, RUBBER OR CLOTH SURFACES. Use overlapping strokes to ensure adequate coverage. Allow product to dry thoroughly, (approximately 10-15 minutes). Remove using a clean, dry Meguiar's Gold Class Supreme Shine Microfiber, (X-2010), turning to a clean portion for final wipe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pretty basic application procedures, similar to most LSP's.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike. I know the after pic doesn't do any justice. The shade got me. I was running behind schedule and had to run to my next appointment.

I will use #21 on another few vehicles (mainly my black avalanche) when time permits to ensure a better pictoral. I have another detail tomorrow but it's a light colored car. I really wanted to show the results of #21 on a dark vehicle.

Thanks for the sample. Great product. Is #21 available yet? I'm investing in that product.

Comment

I am going to do my white truck and show the before and afters, 21 looks very promising! I did half the hood ont he truck because I just had to give the sample a try and I was very happy with the results, I am going to buy some soon.

21 goes on very easy and even application is also very easy as long as you let ti dry completly it comes off very easy as well and no dusting that I noticed. My poor white ford is so neglected but one side of the hood looks like new after a quick clay and coat of 21.

I will do a full review once the rain stops screwing with us and I get a chance to get out there and do my own stuff
        If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

And I thought I was special that Meguiars sent me a 64 oz bottle of #21 for free. I guess everybody got one.

NOT REALLY, I have yet to recieve my little sample bottle though.
          Last edited by Superior Shine; Mar 18, 2005, 10:30 PM.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
            And I thought I was special that Meguiars sent me a 64 oz bottle of #21 for free.
            Oh, didn't anyone tell you? You got the 'placebo' bottle...Elmer's Glue with purple food coloring.
            Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"
            2013 Camaro ... triple black
            323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

If you got a 64oz bottle you should feel special !

Comment

For as much rain we are getting I may have to put my sample bottle up on EBAY to pay the bills around here!!!
                Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I hear that !

Comment

Man, you said a mouthful with that!
                    Quadruple Honda Owner
                    Black cars are easy!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');