• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next generation tech wax 2.0 vs. Gold class liquid wax vs. Ultimate Liquid wax.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next generation tech wax 2.0 vs. Gold class liquid wax vs. Ultimate Liquid wax.

Hi guys! Please comment on this thread! Thank you!

Re: Next generation tech wax 2.0 vs. Gold class liquid wax vs. Ultimate Liquid wax.

Currently using GC liquid wax on medium & dark blue colored car..
    gotta say that i love the wet, deep look of it on my paint...
    someone even said to me that my car looks like a SHOW CAR!!
    "If a sealant give you HD effect, a carnauba will give you the 3D effect"

Comment

Re: Next generation tech wax 2.0 vs. Gold class liquid wax vs. Ultimate Liquid wax.

ok thank you for the info.

Comment

Perhaps you could expand on your topic a bit... What, specifically, do you want to know about the products that you listed? Gloss? Longevity? Ease of application and removal?

Comment

NXT2.0 is best for deep shine on my dark truck that i have ever used.

Comment

I recently tested all three on my metallic black GTI. I have been an avid GC user for some time and thought it was time since the tin is almost out.

GC paste: easy enough application on and off if done in thinly, moderate water bead, IMO gives a glow to the paint, moderate reflectivity, lasts for about a month or so

NXT 2.0 Liquid: super easy application, wait time for it to cure longer than GC, heavy water bead, mirror like reflectivity ultra clear reflection, meallic paint really pops with this one

ULW: super easy application, curing time same as NXT, heavy water bead, reflectivity inbetween NXT and GC, can be applied with DA (tho as small as a GTI is I really didnt need to)

As far as longevity, since I just applied it so I cant say.

Comment

Its been my experience that NXT2.0 (liquid) is super easy to use, which is why its my go-to for wheels, much easier than even UPW (which was NOT bad at all). ULW was a PITA and never seemed to really dry, I don't see myself using it again. Ultimate wax reflections are fantastic on both my dark green and dark blue mustangs, where as NXT2.0 looked more like a "candy shell" gloss- looked great and I can't say I prefere the look of one over the other, just feels like UPW will have better longevity.
              2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

Hi gtrspeed! i want to know the ff:
                1. glossiness of each prod.
                2. longetivity of each

Comment

Questions:

What is the average drying time for NTX 2.0?
                  Is there a cure time?
                  What's the best way to wash the foam applicator?

Comment

I bought some NXT and tried it in a corner of the hood.
                    Shook it up real good first... the first thing I noticed is that it is much thinner than the Deep Crystal Carnauba was that I started with.

So it's obvious that this applies thin, is that correct?
                    ...also what's the best way to clean the applicator..?

Comment

I think they (experts in this forum as well as Meguiars) suggest to apply thin for all Meguiars waxes.

They also suggest 2 coats, which I don't usually do because I wax often.

Comment

True, I was just surprised because that Deep Crystal seem to be thicker but it could be because I was using a MF applicator and with the NXT their purple foam one ...just seem thinner, which is fine by me.
                        Much less grabbing than the DC Wax.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck91 View Post
                          Its been my experience that NXT2.0 (liquid) is super easy to use, which is why its my go-to for wheels, much easier than even UPW (which was NOT bad at all). ULW was a PITA and never seemed to really dry, I don't see myself using it again. Ultimate wax reflections are fantastic on both my dark green and dark blue mustangs, where as NXT2.0 looked more like a "candy shell" gloss- looked great and I can't say I prefere the look of one over the other, just feels like UPW will have better longevity.
                          I have used NXT 2.0 & Ultimate Wax, love them both. I agree that the UW does last longer.

Comment

NXT 2.0 is best applied using a foam applicator, if applied real thin and if conditions are ideal, it can dry within 10 mins. based on my experience. It is a bit thinner, and also applies easier and thinner than deep crystal carnauba.

Cure time isn't mentioned in the directions for use, but it is still recommended that it is allowed to cure for 8-12 hours to maximize ahine and especially protection. As to washing applicators, I just soak it in laundry detergent solution then squeeze out the remaining liquid and rinse with water, squeeze and rinse again to ensure that there is no detergent residue left in the applicator.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');