• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trashed low millage Pontiac G5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trashed low millage Pontiac G5

This is the detail I did today.
    The detail was scheduled for 9h30 this morning, but I finaly got the car in the driveway at 10h30... The customer needed the car back at 2h30 PM, so I had no time to lose. I also had a low budget to meet.

Here is how I got the car this morning. This is a 2008 Pontiac G5 SE coupe with only 34044 km that she bought new in June 2008. I washed the car in and out in 2009, and only washed the outside in 2010. According to the owner, the only kind of wash this car has seen since then is very few swirlomatic washes.

Doesn't look too bad at first.

But as closer look tells us the truth.

The poor car got backed into somewhere last year.

Now this is the worst part : the interior.
    Again, doesn't look too bad at first.

But a closer look...
    I don't know what are those stains, but the whole interior had this kind of bluish stains. Maybe I don't want to know ???

Re: Trashed low millage Pontiac G5

Process
    Inside :
    Vac/dry brush/vac (I didn't not clean the carpet to meet the budget)
    Cleaned the vinyl using warm water and APC+
    Cleaned the windows with warm water then NXT Glass Cleaner
    Dressed the vinyl with Ultimate Protectant Spray

Outside :
    Washed the rims with APC and Wheel Brightener
    Washed tires and wheel wells with APC
    Washed with NXT soap
    Dried with an Absorber and a Water Magnet
    D301 Finishing Wax (owner didn't request for a wax, but I just could not let the car leave unprotected)
    M135 on the rims
    ASD on tires and wells

Again, a before - after

Comment

Amazing turnaround, and in such a short amount of time.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Wow, that was definitely trashed for the low mileage. How does a car get that bad? Great turnaround.
        -James
        2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
          Amazing turnaround, and in such a short amount of time.
          Thanks Nick. Thankfully Meg's stuff are effective and my 6,5HP Shop Vac is powerful.
          Took a little more than an hour just to vaccum the carpet and seats.

Originally posted by Golden View Post
          Wow, that was definitely trashed for the low mileage. How does a car get that bad? Great turnaround.
          Simple ! You don't wash it and you don't care.
          The interior was already bad the last time I washed the outisde, and that was in spring 2010...

Comment

Considering the amount of time allowed for this project I think you did a fantastic job.

Well done.

P.S.: I hope this car doesn't come back to you in couple months in even worse condition than before you started working on it yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
              P.S.: I hope this car doesn't come back to you in couple months in even worse condition than before you started working on it yesterday.
              Thanks Greg !
              I had 4 hours to do the job and it took the whole 4h non stop. Beacause she was late, I had the time to get all my stuff ready to go.

She told me she would get the car back to me in the spring. I just hope that it won't be that bad inside. Anyways, she is a single woman in the fifties, so she doesn't have anyone to blame for the mess in her car. I just can't understand how you can live in a car like that...

Comment

Awesome work

Comment

Nice job! Hope you made out good on that one. Cant believe she couldnt even wipe the inside down a little, so she wouldnt look like that much of a slob.
                  2009 silverado duramax. 1997 S10 5.3 L-33 LS swap, 5spd,T-70 turbo, Polo green metallic ,Factory ZQ8 susp,,Efilive tuned by me. 2002 HD FXDL,124" Black and built

Comment

Great job! Almost looked like they spilled milk down the door. Looks like that car wasn't cleaned for years. Keep up the great work!
                    Don't get caught riding dirty!

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys.
                      Yup, I worked hard for my money on this one. I sure didn't steal it ! The interior of this car has not been cleaned since I did it in 2009...

Comment

Great turnaround. That car especially on the inside was a mess & you did a good job cleaning that mess up. Did you ever find out what those blue streaks were? Almost reminded me of when a body shop color sands and the water runs down the panels. Great job once again!
                        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post
                          Great turnaround. That car especially on the inside was a mess & you did a good job cleaning that mess up. Did you ever find out what those blue streaks were? Almost reminded me of when a body shop color sands and the water runs down the panels. Great job once again!
                          No, I did not find out what the streaks were. It was not sticky or anything, most like a stain. Maybe she had a kid wash it with too strong stuff and it stained the vinyl ? Though she said she didn't have a clue what it was.

And thanks for your comment.

Comment

Wow how did I miss this thread! That car is just trashed! Like everyone else said, that's an amazing job for the time you had!
                            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

What the heck was going on to stain the doors like that.....?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');