• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

water spots on windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water spots on windows

After the hurricane I got water spots on my windows and washing and claying did not remove them, I also tried surf city garage clearly better glass cleaner, what can I do to remove them?

Re: water spots on windows

Ultimate Compound on a polishing pad via DA worked well for me.

Comment

Since they're fresh, you could even go at it by hand. UC by hand will do it.

Colin
      A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

thanks

Comment

After compounding, I would also recommend cleaning the glass as you usually would to make sure you've removed any residue left behind, then treat the glass with RainX. Aside from the obvious benefit of making it easier to see in the rain, the RainX will make it easier to remove those water spots in the future.

Comment

I have used Swirlx (less abbrasive and got good results), you probably still wont scratch it but the same discipline should be observed in any car detailing situation. Sometimes too aggressive will make your results go backwards, not forwards.

As for RainX, Meh. I used it a few times, not all that impressed. I found their wipers more enjoyabled if anything. If a car is washed regularly nothing really sticks to them and is very easy to clean. In general it's the cars that never get washed that have the stubborn window garbage.

Comment

I've used RainX on several cars for at least four years now, with excellent results - above 50mph, I don't use my wipers anymore. The only time I've been less than impressed is when I'm stuck behind another car in the rain - the mist thrown up by other cars seems to be a bit too fine to bead up and roll off.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');