• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, Wax: What are the equivalent for 1gal products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, Wax: What are the equivalent for 1gal products?

I was wondering what the equivalent for the UC and UP are when you buy the 1gal products. Also the equivalent to the Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax?
    For the UP, I was thinking the Meguiars Ultra Finishing Polish #205? For the UC, can't seem to find one that matches it pretty well. And lastyly for the Wax, I'm thinking of the Meguiars HiTech Yellow Wax Liquid #26? Let me know what you guys are thinking. Looking for buying larger amounts since I'm planning to detail many cars before Winter.

Re: Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, Wax: What are the equivalent for 1gal product

Take a look at D151 Paint Reconditioning Creme.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Re: Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish, Wax: What are the equivalent for 1gal product

Ultimate Compound was derived from M105 and Ultimate Polish was derived from M205. Although they are not exactly the same, they are very similar products and the biggest advantage of the M105/M205 is that it can be applied via rotary and is body shop safe. So if you want to buy gallon jugs that are closest to Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish then you should go for M105/M205.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Yeah, #26 would be close to Gold Class.

If you are working by DA, you might really prefer the UC though.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

oops, sorry. When I saw this
          I'm planning to detail many cars before Winter.
          I started thinking cheaper. Five gallons of D151 is about the price of a gallon of 105 and a gallon of 205, although very dissimilar products.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');