• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UP and UW leaves oily film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UP and UW leaves oily film

Over the weekend I applied UP and then followed up UW (liquid). It now has a oily film. Is it wax that wasn't wiped off? I wiped it down several times.

Re: UP and UW leaves oily film

Did you wipe the polish off good before applying the wax? When I do UW I do the whole car and let it dry for about 5 minutes, then it comes off very easily...almost as if you're just wiping the car down for it's final wipe.

Comment

Originally posted by aonorato View Post
      Did you wipe the polish off good before applying the wax? When I do UW I do the whole car and let it dry for about 5 minutes, then it comes off very easily...almost as if you're just wiping the car down for it's final wipe.
      I wiped both products several times. As far as the wax is concerned I did let it set for at least 5 minutes. Only thing that I can think of is it was humid for so cal.

Comment

Applying the wax thick, and extra hunidity, certainly could lead to some streaking.

Usually a wash will take care of things better than just wiping more.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          Applying the wax thick, and extra hunidity, certainly could lead to some streaking.

Usually a wash will take care of things better than just wiping more.
          I think it was the humidity. Thinking back, the wax didn't dry like traditional wax. It doesn't hurt to leave it as is right?

Comment

Just a thought, @ TNOG they teach us to fold the micro fiber towel in half and then in half again. By doing this you end up with 8 sides on one towel. Using one side as a wet wipe off and the second side as a final wipe side. When you notice that the wet side is leaving product behind , swap to 2 clean sides by refolding the micro fiber towel. UW needs to dry completely, under certain conditions this may take more than 5 minutes. They tell us to do a swipe to check if the wax is dry or not. Swipe = one finger using a micro fiber towel. The area should wipe clean with no film left behind. The beauty of UW is that you can apply it and go have a beer or dinner and come back an hour later and the product will wipe off with ease, Make sure to use a clean micro fiber towel for each product you are using to keep from have cross contamination between the products.
            BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Originally posted by bottomsup View Post
              I think it was the humidity. Thinking back, the wax didn't dry like traditional wax. It doesn't hurt to leave it as is right?
              Yeah, Ult. Wa is a bit different... definately have to get the hang of it. And no, a little straking wont damage anything. Would likely cause more swirls if you keep trying to wipe...
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');