• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gold class carnuba wax and ultimate wash and wax questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gold class carnuba wax and ultimate wash and wax questions

First off, has anyone had any experience with uww leaving white residue spots on black trim like the bedliner of a truck? Everytime I use it I rinse more than normal and it always leaves residue, like its the wax in the soap. I have decided my favorite wash is gold class but have a bottle of uww to get rid of so I will have to suffer through until it is gone.

My second question is concerning carnuba wax. I know that you can put carnuba on top of synthetic like uiltmate wax but not vice versa. The question is if I do this, will I have to clay and clean to remove the layer of carnuba the next time I want to wax using the ultimate wax? Or can I wait long enough for it remove itself ( seems like carnuba only has a life of 6-8 weeks where synthetic is longer). I like the look of the natural wax but dont want to create myself more work the next time I wax. I typically do not have to clay and clean very often, my truck is stored inside at night and weekends and is washed weekly.

Re: gold class carnuba wax and ultimate wash and wax questions

I would suggest claying it but you could try the UW on top of the current coat to see what happens. Seeing as you take such good care of your car and it's garaged you may just want to stick with the carnauba. I've topped Wolfgang DGS 3.0 with M16 before and liked it a lot. I take really good care of my car to and wax about once a month so is the Sealant necessary? No, but it makes me feel better. Also, there are some carnauba waxed out the like Collinite Double Coat that have the durability equal to a lot of sealants.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');