• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haze on paint finish - possibly from tire spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haze on paint finish - possibly from tire spray

Just bought a new car and asked the salesman to remove the excess tire spray from the tires. He took out a rag and wiped down the tires and I noticed a blue spot and rubbed it a little to see if it would come off and the salesman told me it was from a blue marker that they used to write sold on the side and said that it would come right off and immediately began to rub the spot with the same rag he used to wipe down the tires. Days later I notice this haze on the paint on the side where the salesman rubbed with the rag. I washed the car but the haze is still there. Could this have been from the tire spray? Is there anything I can buy to remove this. Bear in mind that I'm not a professional and have little knowledge about how to use all products. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Haze on paint finish - possibly from tire spray

I would try a test spot using Ultimate Polish with applicator and follow up with wax. I am not a pro either, but in this case you cant go wrong. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Depends if the haze is like a smearing from the products, or a haze like lots of fine swirls.

Either way, the above would be a good start, with something mild like Ult. Polish or SwirlX.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thank You both. Will do as recommended.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');