• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Hyundai Elantra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Hyundai Elantra

Just a few shots from my weekly maintenance wash of my Elantra (forgot to take some "before" pics). It really is a pleasure having a new car without any defects (aside from orange peel, that is).

Body washed with Ultimate Wash & Wax.
    Tires cleaned with Super Degreaser.
    Wheels & wells cleaned with Hyper Wash & APC+, respectively, and a bit of Body Solvent to remove some tar.
    Glass cleaned with Glass Concentrate 10:1.
    Base coat of NXT 2.0 touched up with UQW.
    Wheels sealed with ULW.
    Tires dressed with two coats of Endurance Spray.
    Wheel wells dressed with HD 4:1.

Total time: 3 hours.

And as I'm sitting here, typing this up, the lawn guy is in the process of covering my spotless car with grass. Hey, at least it isn't raining. Yet...

Re: 2012 Hyundai Elantra

Good job on the detail!! The reflections look sweet! The paint looks glossy as well.

I love the new Elantras. Hyundai is really stepping up their game. I think the demand for the new Sonatas are pretty high too.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Definitely - Toyota and Honda have some serious competition. Hyundai may not share their legendary reputation for reliability yet, but they're on the way up. In addition to a significantly better warranty and more standard features, the new models actually have some style. Had I bought a comparable Civic or Corolla, I would have paid at least $3K more (and still not had the great warranty). I would have rather gone with the Sonata, but they were just a bit out of my price range. Regardless, I'm really happy with what I'm driving.

Comment

Looks great! I agree with Marc, love the new Elantras. I almost leased one back in March but the dealer wasn't willing to work with me at all and there were no cars on the lot to even test drive.
        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I like them too- nice job on the clean up!

I did read the other day that Hyundai is now tops in customer loyalty, passing Toyota and Honda... They have definitely stepped up their game.
          2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
          2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Congrats on the new ride, she is a beauty! Can't wait to see the new Veloster when they are out here for sale, which is right about now. Hyundai is only climbing up the ladder and very fast I might add. It's funny how they were made fun of at first and now who's doing the laughing, I'm sure many Auto manufacturers wish they would fall off the face of the earth about now.

Comment

Very nice! Those reflections are deep and the car is amazingly glossy!
              Tedrow's Detailing
              845-642-1698
              Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Nice job in detailing and choice of car! I love the new Elantra. Sexiest car in the small car class IMHO. If you look at them head on they look like they're playfully smiling. The grill and emblem are the nose, the lower grill is the mouth and the headlights the eyes. They even have laugh lines on either side of the grill. I'm sure Hyundai did this on purpose and it gives the car a lot of personality. It's almost as if the car is saying "C'mon, let's have some fun!"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');