• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Black Car Detailing Regiment Help For Detailing Noob!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Black Car Detailing Regiment Help For Detailing Noob!

I have purchased a 2011 Chrysler 200 Limited (BLACK) less than a week ago. I had purchased the Paint Sealant package (rip off i'm sure) to save me some time until I can care for this car myself. It will be a daily driver and I don't want to spend every minute detailing it but a days work here and there is within my schedule constraints if it means keeping her beautiful.
    I have read through the forums, but not all of course as there is just way too much. However I am hear to ask for some help from experienced detailers. From the videos and posts I read I somewhat understand the process but have some questions. I hope this info can buy me time until I hammer out a great regiment.

When washing using the 2 bucket method should I use other products (waxes, polishes etc...) after every wash or just simply wash it and how long will just washing it last (approx)?

Since my car was just detailed and paint sealant applied. How long before I should expect to have to use the entire 5 step method?

Could someone help layout my next few moves (say 3 to 6 months) to help keep my 200 looking like a beauty while I research more?

Any advice welcome

Here is my Chrysler 200 Limited

Re: New Black Car Detailing Regiment Help For Detailing Noob!

Congradulations on the new black car. remember..black cars own the driver, not the other way around. There is lots of work keeping a black car looking go. I have one.
    If it was me, since you have paid for the polishing and sealer, I would just wash it (two bucket method) until you notice the sealer wearing of. I cannot say how long that will be, I have never bought the dealers line. I wouldn't bother waxing it until then either.
    Once you think the sealer has had its day, then I would clay it, ColorX it, and then a good waxing. That is just me.
    Others will probably have you doing all kinds of things,, but for me it works very well for my black car. You have to chose how much time you want to spend with your new owner.

Comment

That is sorta along the same lines as i was thinking. I better go get some proper washing gear asap.

Comment

CLICK ME

Get the good stuff.
        2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
        2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

When washing using the 2 bucket method should I use other products (waxes, polishes etc...) after every wash or just simply wash it and how long will just washing it last (approx)?
          Using something like Ult. Quick Wax is so fast and easy (you can even dry with it), that I would do it after almost every wash if possible. Unless you were detailing of course.

Since my car was just detailed and paint sealant applied. How long before I should expect to have to use the entire 5 step method?
          Hopefully they didnt screw stuff up too much when detailing it. I'd get started as soon as you feel like it.
          Could someone help layout my next few moves (say 3 to 6 months) to help keep my 200 looking like a beauty while I research more?
          I always say these two processes:

Quick
          1. Wash
          2. Clay
          3. ColorX
          4. Wax - Ult Wax, Nxt 2.0, etc..

Full
          1. Wash
          2. Clay
          3. Clean - SwirlX or Ult. Polish for mild cleaning. Ult. Compound if something stronger were needed.
          4. Wax - Ult. Wax, etc, etc
          5. Wax - 2 thin coats are best

6. Maintain - UQW after future washes.

And of course:

How to wash car showcar style
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            Using something like Ult. Quick Wax is so fast and easy (you can even dry with it), that I would do it after almost every wash if possible. Unless you were detailing of course.Hopefully they didnt screw stuff up too much when detailing it. I'd get started as soon as you feel like it.I always say these two processes:Quick1. Wash2. Clay3. ColorX4. Wax - Ult Wax, Nxt 2.0, etc..Full1. Wash2. Clay3. Clean - SwirlX or Ult. Polish for mild cleaning. Ult. Compound if something stronger were needed.4. Wax - Ult. Wax, etc, etc5. Wax - 2 thin coats are best6. Maintain - UQW after future washes.And of course:How to wash car showcar style
            awesome thank you. I am sure i will have more questions

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');