• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wax for fiberglass trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wax for fiberglass trailer

i can use regular auto wax for this correct? i was thinking about using nxt 2.0...would this be fine???

thanks

Re: wax for fiberglass trailer

Sure.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

would a da be the best option for applying wax?? i know fiberglass is pretty soft and can chip easy

Comment

Well, even with a DA, you would be just letting the foam pad rest on the surface, and going at a slower speed, so still pretty gentle.

Is it in good condition? Or we do like pics around here.

Comment

sorry no pics. got a call this morning and i will be working on it friday. he made it sound like it was in pretty good condition, but that may not be the case...thanks for the info!

Comment

what is a good product to use for marine gelcoat that is oxidized?? can i use regular compund and polish with da or rotary such as ultimate meguiars??

Comment

Yes, the paint products would be safe.

Gelcoat is generally harder, and can be more porous, so you may not get the same performance, but would be safe.

The Ultimate Compound isnt really meant for rotary use though.

Comment

You may want to have some #50 Cleaner Wax on hand from the Marine/RV line.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by lakesiderider View Post
                  i can use regular auto wax for this correct? i was thinking about using nxt 2.0...would this be fine???

thanks
                  All fiberglass is not equal. Is it gelcoat alone? painted? clearcoated? If it's not painted and or clearcoated you can bet it has some oxidation and wax alone will make little if no improvement at all. In fact, applying just wax to oxidized fiberglass can leave a splotchy uneven result. You'll need the oxidation remover for starters and a wax after that more likely.
                  Barry

Comment

it is painted gel coat...i tried hitting it with a cutting pad w/ dewalt rotary and it did nothing...i am learning how hard gel coat oxidation is (

Comment

are fiberglass travel trailers gel coated?? i am curious because i bought some meguiars wax for the gel coat boat i was working on and am curious if i can use it also on this travel trailer...it says rv/boat on the bottle??

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');