• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water based dressing left stains after rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water based dressing left stains after rain

I have a quick question. I've always used Hyperdressing before and this time decided to try water based dressing 1:1 ratio. I applied it on Friday in my garage, around 3pm and the car was in garage overnight and then I took it back to owner. Around 12pm it rained (Saturday) and today (Sunday) I saw this. I don't know why it did that, since this never had happened with me when I was using hyperdressing. Is it suppose to be like that or not? Thanks

Slava

SK Auto Detailing
    http://skautodetailing.com

Re: Water based dressing left stains after rain

Not sure if it suppose to do that or not but it happens to me
    everytime it rains.
    I just use UQD to remove it from the paint and apply the dressing again.
    I know it ***** after all the work you put into it but what can we do!
    Love your ride btw, sharp.
    I've yet to find a product that would prevent this and I used many.
    Chief Engineer.
    My part time job is to maintain my black Toyota!

Comment

Same thing when I used Gold Class Trim Detailer. I was told this was normal and it was because it was a water based product. I have bought the new trim detailer and was told it was not water based and should not run, should act like the endurance products.

I just washed my truck the next weekend and it all came off just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolDude View Post
        Not sure if it suppose to do that or not but it happens to me
        everytime it rains.
        I just use UQD to remove it from the paint and apply the dressing again.
        I know it ***** after all the work you put into it but what can we do!
        Love your ride btw, sharp.
        I've yet to find a product that would prevent this and I used many.
        That is very interesting, because with Hyper Dressing I've never had this happened before. I guess I'll have to use Water Based dressing for something else that won't run off on the paint.

Oh and thanks

Originally posted by gamtnroadie View Post
        Same thing when I used Gold Class Trim Detailer. I was told this was normal and it was because it was a water based product. I have bought the new trim detailer and was told it was not water based and should not run, should act like the endurance products.

I just washed my truck the next weekend and it all came off just fine.
        That's interesting. I actually used Interior quick detailer on my cars plastic and rubber (exterior parts) and the rain washed it off fast but at least it didn't leave any stain lol.
        Slava

SK Auto Detailing
        http://skautodetailing.com

Comment

Ultimate Protectant doesn't streak after rain and neither does UQW which looks every bit as good as any vinyl dressing.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
            Ultimate Protectant doesn't streak after rain and neither does UQW which looks every bit as good as any vinyl dressing.

Not so, sorry.

Two days ago I treated my tril using UP, then yesterday It rained, you could see where it came off showing streaks, so I washed the entire car again being it had rained.
            NP though, had to wash the car anyway.
            Would I try another product besides UP, heck no.
            Good stuff even though it does streak.
            I use it on all my trim, inside and out.
            Chief Engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolDude View Post
              Not so, sorry.

Two days ago I treated my tril using UP, then yesterday It rained, you could see where it came off showing streaks, so I washed the entire car again being it had rained.
              NP though, had to wash the car anyway.
              Would I try another product besides UP, heck no.
              Good stuff even though it does streak.
              I use it on all my trim, inside and out.
              Did you buff it after application? I didn't get any streaking in rain with it. That said, I am more of a UQW fan these days as it is one product for multiple uses. It works on paint, glass and trim with no streaking or running in the rain. Same look on vinyl as UP, IMO.
              Jim
              My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
                Did you buff it after application? I didn't get any streaking in rain with it. That said, I am more of a UQW fan these days as it is one product for multiple uses. It works on paint, glass and trim with no streaking or running in the rain. Same look on vinyl as UP, IMO.
                UQW on trim eh?

Might have to try it.
                No I didn't buff it, I'll try that.
                Chief Engineer.

Comment

Those same streaks happen when I use the aerosol "Trim Detailer" on my mirrors. After a rain, it would streak down the sides of the car. Thats just the norm of these type of products when used on the exterior and it rains.
                  2016 Focus ST

Comment

Most people use way too much product, and fail to wipe off any excess or buff it after it sets up for a little bit. Going back around and wiping the areas treated will help a lot in these situations.
                    Also, there are some surfaces that just do not take well to certain products, and will not allow them to either absorb into the finish or fully bond to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');