• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Prices

OK, It's getting more expensive to drive. How will this effect you? Will you change
    driving habits? Will you cancel vacations? I try to lump my errands into one trip. If
    gas gets too high it will mean less to spend on other items. Also, I drag race
    at my local strip during the summer and that may be reduced to 5 or 6 times this year.
    When I was a youngster the cheapest I can recall gas was .19 cents.
    It was great fun cruising around all night for less than two bucks. I guess that's
    why we call them "the good ole days".

I went from a 350 to a 22R. I love the gas mileage and dependability of my Toyota, so now gas isn't that big of an issue.

Comment

I drive MUCH less when gas prices increase. That means less shopping/less spending money else where, less eating out and so on.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Dosn't seem to affect me at all. I have six cars to drive. Three run V8 (2-350s and a 425), 2 inline 6s and a 4 banger. Wifes ride is the 4 banger. I almost always drive one of the V8s.

When I got my drivers license in 1984 gas was about 80-90 cents a gallon. Now it is about $2.20 $2.30 where I live.

Thats about $20 increase per tank full in twenty one years. Not bad if you ask me.
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Although it ***** the gas is as high as it is I dont let it affect how, when or where I drive.

Like Joe I have 5 cars with 3 of them being v8 and 2 four bangers one of the 4 bangers is modified so its mileage isnt that great either.
          If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Gas prices

I have been fortunate that there has been a price war between a new station and the surrounding stations in my area. The price is currently $1.86. However I have tried to eliminate unneccesary trips and with our second child on the way we will take fewer trips anyhow.

Comment

My daily driver is a four cylinder since I sit on the freeway commuting to and from work most of the time. Gas milage is pretty good, about 20 MPG so any increase is not usually a big deal to me. You are lucky though if you live in the Midwest or the southern part in the US. The cost is usually a lot less than what we pay out west. Currently in is hovering around $2.21 for unleaded. A few months back it was over$2.50.

Comment

Two V8's in my household... one in an Explorer Eddie Bauer and the other in my truck (05' F-150 King Ranch)...

I've decided that I'm going to move to Peru... Gas is about 18 cents per gallon there. At that price, I think I can commute to KY.

RP
                -The Final Detail-
                Lagrange, Kentucky
                thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Older Than Dirt, we must be around the same age. I can recall paying around 20 to 23 cents a gallon as a youngster. Just seems like yesterday!!!

----------
                  Mike M

Comment

Fuel isn't that bad where I am. With the discount I get from my fuel card, I end up getting 91 for about 2.15. Even with the increased prices, it only ends up being about a dollar or two more than it was. Thats said, I don't drive much so it isn't a big problem for me atleast.

Comment

I forgot to add that two of my cars take 91 octane!! It is well worth it though.
                      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I feel bad for people who have to run race fuel, aka 100 octane. 5.70 per gallon down where I am.

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                          I drive MUCH less when gas prices increase. That means less shopping/less spending money else where, less eating out and so on.
                          That's us. For the most part, when the cars hit the driveway of Friday they only leave for the trip to church and nothing else. I have a thirsty V6, a good mileage V6 and a fun to drive 4 that I just can't keep my foot out of. Oh yeah, they all take 91!
                          Quadruple Honda Owner
                          Black cars are easy!

Comment

Doesn't effect me one bit. One car has a 1 liter 3 cylinder engine + an electric motor.... and my other has, well just an electric motor.

and

Ok I know it won't work for everybody, but I use the GEM for short trips and going to school (~1 cent a mile worth of electricity), and the Insight is for anything longer. Most people would be amazed where they can go on 35mph or slower roads with the 30 mile range (I have fast food, restaurants, grocery stores, walmart, home depot, lowes, more fast food).

Gas here is up a little bit to about $2.05 a gallon. The cheapest I've filled the Insight up for was something like $17, and the most I ever spent was $23 I think. And that will take me ~600 miles.

Ok I will admit that the 12 second Camaro gets driven less when it gets expensive. Thankfully it will run on 91 octane (barely), but I still have to go play once in a while.
                            Later,
                            Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                            Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

I was looking at getting a GEM, but I have to go on 55mph streets to get to the grocery store, or fast food.. so won't work for me. Maybe when I move I'll have stuff closer and more accessible.

$42 to fill the tank today... and it's not even summer yet (this is a car, not a truck, lol... $2.53/gal)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');