• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new buffing pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new buffing pads?

bought a new dewalt buffer today and got a 3 pack of pads w/ velcro backing. i tried it out on my car and it is throwing lint from the pads everywhere. i have a foam finishing pad, wool cut and wool polish pad....do i have to clean the pumps somehow before i use them???

Re: new buffing pads?

Usually you can just use a pad spur if you have one, those little green two sided detail brushes work well also. Just something to hold against the pad while its spinning to get all that lint out. You could also run them through the washing machine before using them, that should take care of most of the lint. Hope this helps.
    Dr. Detail: I am the detail genius from the movie "Shine."
    Guard: And your name is...?
    Dr. Detail: Uhh... Shiney McShine.

Comment

Re: new buffing pads?

hmmm i didnt have that little detailing thing i just used some tools to put pressure on it while running it...it is making a mess and seems like it will not qut shedding..are the velcro pads safe to put in the washer?

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');