• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Cure Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NXT Cure Time

Nobody knows?
    Proud owner of:
    Quik Clay Detailing System, Scratch X, NXT Tech Wax 1.0 (liquid and paste), High Endurance, Natural Shine, #80, #82, #83, #84, APC, Last Touch, #34, #16, Megs Glass Cleaner Concentrate, Megs Soft Wash Gel, Megs Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sandman View Post
      Nobody knows?
      Sorry we missed your first post with your questions, it doesn't happen often but it's a pretty busy forum so sometimes, especially as a thread gets longer, (this is page 5 of this thread),then once is a while questions can be missed.

Let me see if I can clear us some confusion...

Hi there!
      I now learned from this thread, that u can improve the look of NXT Wax by giving it a curing time up to 12 hours to enhance the gloss of it...
      That doesn't mean leave the wax on the paint for 12 hours. You wipe the dried wax off the paint after it dries, in most case this is a 10 to 30 minute range.

Now that the wax has been wiped off you don't DISRUPT the paint for a window of 12 to 24 hours and during this time the protection ingredients left on the surface fully set-up.

I'm pretty sure this is explained in this thread on the first page and probably a few more times throughout the thread.

Back here in good ole germany rumors spread that u could boost the appearance of NXT by "baking" the car during curing in full sunlight...
      e.g.: You apply the first coat of NXT, wipe it of after 20 min. Roll your car in broad daylight and let the sun bake your NXT coat to special endurance...
      That's incorrect. That would also be some person's opinion, not any official recommendation from Meguiar's. Where did you read this? Can you post a link so we can all go read it?

Is this a false information? Is it contra productive to "bake" your NXT coat during curing time?
      If the chemists that created this formula thought it should be baked on in the sun, they would have had that information included on the back label and you would probably see multiple threads on this forum discussing this procedure but there is no threads on this procedure, only your post above.

If you can, please post the links to where you're reading this information and we'll do our best to correct it so others don't get misled.

Thanks!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,

thanks for your answers...
        I'm pretty sure, it could happen in this busy forum that my post slipped thru
        Thats why I bumped it...
        I did know, that u wipe of any residue first before the curing time begins... Perhaps I wrote that in a misunderstanding matter... My english is far from perfect...
        Ok, I read this false information in the german chapter of meguiars... www.meguiars-deutschland.de/forum
        There this information hasn't been posted by "the officials" but no one objected it either...
        Never mind, it is one reason I came here, to hear such information right from "the horses mouth" so I'm fully satisfied...
        Last weekend, I detailed a VW Golf3 from my colleague and I applied two layers of my beloved NXT Wax and I allwed it to cure for 12 hours... so I think I did it right...
        Thnx again for declaring this myth as "false"
        Proud owner of:
        Quik Clay Detailing System, Scratch X, NXT Tech Wax 1.0 (liquid and paste), High Endurance, Natural Shine, #80, #82, #83, #84, APC, Last Touch, #34, #16, Megs Glass Cleaner Concentrate, Megs Soft Wash Gel, Megs Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          Waiting till the next day or 12 hours to apply the second application is really something only the most serious of detailing enthusiasts would probably do in the first place. Meguiar’s calls these kinds of people Car Crazy because they are so passionate about they are cars and they express this in doing things the normal person wouldn’t do, like waiting to put a second coat of wax on.
          Mike
          1) Very informative thread! After reading about the polymer curing feature of NXT, I decided that I'll wait (if I have the willpower!) until the next day to QD. I usually QD a few hours after NXTing to remove the occasional streak or residual shadow that wasn't apparent upon final inspection, but since I'm well on my way to being Car Crazy...I think I can hold off .

2) (This is unrelated to the topic of this thread). I just came across the spell check thread. Great idea! Now all we need is a grammar/syntax checker . If there's one easy thing we can work on, it's knowing when and how to properly use your/you're...there/their/they're...and its/it's!

"It's shine is amazing!"
          --It is shine is amazing? There's an example right there for the 3948329032848324083204 who didn't know .

Comment

Hi Mike,

Ok, I read this false information in the german chapter of meguiars...

www.meguiars-deutschland.de/forum

There this information hasn't been posted by "the officials" but no one objected it either...
            Thank you. We'll look into this.

Originally posted by cardriver View Post
            1)

Now all we need is a grammar/syntax checker . If there's one easy thing we can work on, it's knowing when and how to properly use

your/you're... there/their/they're... and its/it's!
            and theirs and there's

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,
              one more thing. In fact Meguiars germany is publishing a pdf online detailing guide book on the german Meguiars Internet site, where they refer in detail on this "baking your car after applying (and removing) the first NXT Wax layer".
              Furthermore they state, that you can enhance the gloss of the NXT Wax by adding several more layers...
              So perhaps you can give them a hint...
              Just to avoid further rumours
              I would have linked the PDF Guide in this post, but forum rules deny me of doing so.
              Proud owner of:

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                The idea behind waiting to apply a second coating is to allow a window-of-time to pass, to insure that all of the polymers have fully set-up. Anytime you introduce water or other liquids to the surface before the polymers have fully set-up you risk disrupting the polymers.

Some people cannot wait, or do not want to wait this long before applying a second coat, I know many times I don't have the luxury of time to wait until the next day to apply a second coat. If you are in this position, then it's completely fine to apply a second coat sooner. The 12 hour window of time is just a best case scenario for those people that want the maximum results possible. It's like giving the benefit of doubt to the process.

After applying the Tech Wax to your car's finish, it's perfectly fine to drive again in sunny weather. It's liquids you want to avoid for the first 12 hours for best possible results. I
                So, Mike, if I applied TechWax 2.0 today, and noticed a bit of streaking. I should not use anything (even quick detailers) to even it out. Rather wait for 12 hours for the polymers to set up, then use quick detailers to even it out. Or apply another coat of TechWax 2.0.

Comment

Yes, the best case is to wait if possible.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');