• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Cure Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think NXT is the most amazing product to date, I seem to keep going out to look at the finish every hour or so after i have applied it and it might be just in my head, but every time i look the finish seems to be better and better, and i alsonotice at least a 25- 40% improvement after the second application, now, this may be in my head but i am amazed, and yes i am car crazy, but Meguiars make it easy to be crazy, thanks a million
    "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Comment

Originally posted by fiberrich
      I'm wondering what the pro detailers do regarding applying NXT to a customer’s car when they’re "on the clock". Time is money and they certainly can't wait 12-24 hours before applying a second coat.

Since time is of the essence, do the pro detailers just apply 1 coat of NXT or apply 2 coats with more like 10-15 wait time vs. 20 minute? I’m just curious.
      I have applied back-to-back coats of NXT on many of my customers vehicles with very good results. I usually do this with black colored vehicles, especially black Corvettes. My thoughts about applying two coats is simply a matter of coverage not added durability.

Since almost all of my customers get their vehicles detailed at least three to four times a year, they are usually more concerned about the results, rather than how long the product will last.
      FRANK CANNA
      Mirror Finish Detailing
      23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Originally posted by scottlee
        i think NXT is the most amazing product to date, I seem to keep going out to look at the finish every hour or so after i have applied it and it might be just in my head, but every time i look the finish seems to be better and better, and i alsonotice at least a 25- 40% improvement after the second application, now, this may be in my head but i am amazed, and yes i am car crazy, but Meguiars make it easy to be crazy, thanks a million
        You are not alone. I have been applying NXT to my own vehicles about once a month since last spring and even though people know I'm in the detailing business, I have received more compliments about my vehicles than ever before.
        FRANK CANNA
        Mirror Finish Detailing
        23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Has anyone compared NXT to Klasse All in One or Sealant Glaze? I've never used the Klasse products, but I've heard they're great. How do they compare to NXT sealant?

I've been using NXT for several months now on my Lincoln LS and it is a wonderful product. Easy to use, and great results.

Comment

Originally posted by tgara
            Has anyone compared NXT to Klasse All in One or Sealant Glaze? I've never used the Klasse products, but I've heard they're great. How do they compare to NXT sealant?

I've been using NXT for several months now on my Lincoln LS and it is a wonderful product. Easy to use, and great results.
            I've used both products.............. and they both are excellent products. The AIO/SG combo has more of a "candy-coated" look than NXT which has a bit softer, and wetter look. The NXT is also a much easier product to use than SG. On the other hand, SG is an extremely durable product.

Whatever the case, if you're pleased with the NXT, why not just stick with it. Of course, comparing products can be fun!
            Boss_429

Comment

Originally posted by fiberrich

I'm wondering what the pro detailers do regarding applying NXT to a customer’s car when they’re "on the clock". Time is money and they certainly can't wait 12-24 hours before applying a second coat.

Since time is of the essence, do the pro detailers just apply 1 coat of NXT or apply 2 coats with more like 10-15 wait time vs. 20 minute? I’m just curious.

We apply the sealant and give it as much time as possible to dry/haze up.

Sometimes this can be an hour or so if we apply the sealant before we detail the interior or as quick as 20 mins if we have to get going.

The great majority of my clients are repeats and we get to see the results of our detailing months later and in all cases the sealant has a nice shine and holds up very well.
              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                We apply the sealant and give it as much time as possible to dry/haze up.
                Sometimes this can be an hour or so if we apply the sealant before we detail the interior or as quick as 20 mins if we have to get going.
                That's very interesting, I was not aware of giving extra drying time.
                I was using Mike Phillips's Swipe Test method to check wax is dry or not, then simply wipe them off.
                More time is better...?
                03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Comment

Re: Re: NXT Cure Time

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Another thing I notice once in a while at the clinic is for someone who has just applied Tech Wax, or any wax is to continually wipe the surface, you know, they have already removed the wax but they continue to keep wiping and polishing on the finish. This disrupts the polymer coating on the surface. Instead, wipe off the excess and leave it alone. When you continue to wipe the surface before the polymers have fully set-up, you are moving the polymer coating around, potentially moving it off the finish and onto you polishing cloth.

Stop. Let the polymers set up.

Mike
                  Excellent point! I must admit I am guilty of doing this sometimes . It must be a carryover from the days when I used waxes that were very difficult to wipe off. But I didn't do it yesterday when I applied the NXT Spray Booster Wax. Very easy to wipe off so just one pass was made.

Is there the same possibility of moving the polymer off the surface using the PC with a Ultimate Bonnet for removal?

RamAirV1
                  2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

This may seem like a stupid question BUT...
                    I have been applying the booster wax right after the Tech Wax. Do I need to do this. My results are great, but am I actually making the Tech Wax less durable by disrupting it so quickly?
                    2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L (RES/NAVI)
                    1998 BMW 318ti

Comment

Hey,

It would be better to allow the NXT Tech Wax time to set up before touching the surface with any QD or even water, if possible.

As for leaving the NXT Tech Wax on longer than recommended, that is a choice the user needs to make. Generally, the time was chosen by the Meguiar's chemists as a reference point to provide the best performance from the product. Sometimes leaving it on too long can cause streaks in some climates. Moreover, not leaving it long enough can cause smears. In the end, I suggest strongly to use Mike's Swipe Test to see when the NXT is ready to be removed. Again, this will generally be between 10-15 minutes.

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Re: Re: Re: NXT Cure Time

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                        Is there the same possibility of moving the polymer off the surface using the PC with a Ultimate Bonnet for removal?

RamAirV1
                        Yes. The same thing applies to machine removal as does to hand removal. Remove the wax then move on, don't continue to run the polisher/bonnet over and over the surface. Let the polymers set-up.
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: NXT Cure Time

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                          Yes. The same thing applies to machine removal as does to hand removal. Remove the wax then move on, don't continue to run the polisher/bonnet over and over the surface. Let the polymers set-up.

I'm probably better off using the PC for wax removal as the UBs work so well I only make one pass. As far as removal by hand, old habits die hard. I'm glad you pointed that out.

RamAirV1
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                            There should be no problem with driving it. It is only a problem if it rains, or if a person uses a QD before the curing is complete.
                            I usually grad the QD to help remove the last bit of residue in places I overlooked and it has dried. I thought this might be a better approach than using a lot of force to remove this residue?!?

Comment

Rain on NXT Tech Wax

I just waxed the lower half of my truck from the trim line down all the way around and a freak rain shower occurred about an hour after I finished. I do not have a garage that is open at this time. I had polished it with #7 glaze and then waxed with liquid Tech Wax before the shower.

What should my next step be: let everything dry and rewax today or wait until tomorrow and rewax, or not worry about it and rewax the next time I wash the truck.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Comment

I would rewax the next time you wash it. Or wait a couple of week. The rain did not wash the wax away but since it didn't have the time to cure, the durability may not be optimum. But if it was really hot out it may have cured rather quickly.

You may just want to wait and see how long the slickness and gloss lasts and watch the sheeting action when you wash it. When it seems like the wax is gone, then rewax. If that was your first coat apply the second next time you wax.

Just some things to think about.

RamAirV1
                                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');