• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often should I use Ultimate Compound a year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often should I use Ultimate Compound a year?

Is using ultimate compound only a one time service? Or should it be applied every couple months?

Also I have a 2000 Subaru Legacy wagon. White

Is it okay to use UC on it?

Would it make it shine better if I used A polish before the wax? Or would i achieve the same results without using the polish?

Is the UC to aggressive to use on my car?

Is it okay to apply Clay Bar to already smooth paint?

Should I use Quik wax or Liquid or Paste WAx?

Right now I have Meguiars WAsh Yellow/Clay Bar & Quik Detailer/Scratch X2.0/Ultimate Compund/Ultimate Quik Wax.

Should I get a Polisher as well and liquid/paste wax and use quik wax as in between waxes?

How many times should i use UC/ Clay Bar a year?

Thank YOu. ^_^ Have a Great DAY!

Re: How often should I use Ultimate Compound a year?

to MOL!

Have you read through Meguiar's Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle yet?

UC or any cleaner/polish for that matter is not like a wax where you have to apply it regularly. It all depends on the severity of defects your paint has. For example, you fully detail your car and you take extreme caution in how you wash/maintain your car in order to minimize the addition of swirls to your paint then maybe you might not need to use Ultimate Compound in 2 years or maybe more. However, if you routinely bring your car to the swirl-o-matic car washes then you might need to use every 4 months or something. The main point is that it depends on your paint condition. Also, it's definitely ok to use UC on your 2000 Subaru as it is clear coat safe.

Applying a polish after UC will marginally improve your paint's condition mainly because you have a very light colored car. Applying a polish such as Ultimate Polish yields the highest results in darker colored cars such as black or red. In your case, I think you can get away with using just ultimate compound and going straight to wax afterwards. You can do a test spot and see if you see any difference. If you do then go ahead and apply it to the entire car but if not then there's no point.

Meguiar's always advocates using the least aggressive method to get the job done. That means using a less aggressive product such as SwirlX and see if it achieves the results you want. If it doesn't then you can move up to Ultimate Compound. I would think that you would be safe going to Ultimate Compound from the get go.

Ultimate Quik Wax is not a substitute for your traditional liquid or paste wax. After fully detailing your car, I would highly recommend using your favorite wax and use UQW after washing your car to maintain the "just waxed" look.

Hope this helps.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thank you So much. Is it safe to clay the car as well, when my paint already seems smooth?

I just did my hood. with wash/clay/uc/and quik wax. I want to do the Traditional wax over it.

Would I need to Wash/it first and then Apply the Tradition wax? Or can I just go ahead and apply the wax with the Quick Wax on it? I did the Quick wax two days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SativaMan View Post
        Thank you So much. Is it safe to clay the car as well, when my paint already seems smooth?

I just did my hood. with wash/clay/uc/and quik wax. I want to do the Traditional wax over it.

Would I need to Wash/it first and then Apply the Tradition wax? Or can I just go ahead and apply the wax with the Quick Wax on it? I did the Quick wax two days ago.
        Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit is definitely safe for your paint's finish. Have you tried using the The Baggie Test? If the paint is indeed smooth and free from above the surface bonded contaminants then there's no point of claying your car.

I would definitely wash your car again or at least QD since it's has only been two days. You want your paint surface to be clean before applying wax because you don't want to be grinding all the grit/dirt causing scratches.

Comment

Thank You MArc. I will Def do the baggie Test today and also Wash the Hood before waxing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SativaMan View Post
            Thank You MArc. I will Def do the baggie Test today and also Wash the Hood before waxing it.
            Anytime. That's what we are here for.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');