• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to save a thread for quick reference ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to save a thread for quick reference ?

As being new to MOL and detailing in general I would like to know how to save or quick reference threads for future use ?

Re: how to save a thread for quick reference ?

I think you would go Thread Tools, then Subscribe to Thread.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

: to MOL!

If I were to do that, I would just bookmark the page for quick access.

If you really want to save the page, then what I would do is to select "thread tools" drop down menu and click the "show printable page" button. After that, I would select "File" from the menu bar of your browser then click "save as" and you will have a html version of the thread.

Hope this helps.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

Highlight it in the browser address bar, then click and drag it to the desktop. Then just double click it to go to that page again. If you're an anti-clutter freak, that might not be what you want.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

What I like to do is copy the hyperlinked thread title (ex: how to save a thread for quick reference ?), put it in the subject line and body of an internet email such as hotmail or yahoo, and send it to myself. Once it arrives in my inbox, I move the email to a subfolder (MOL).

Now I have access to my saved threads wherever I have an internet connection, so my collection is not limited to one machine, and my MOL folder is automatically backed up by my internet email host. It's easy for me to search for a thread because I can arrange them alphabetically by subject, chronologically by date, or I can perform a search.

Comment

Post on the thread saying something like "marking for reference". When you come back, from any computer, search advanced, enter your username, and a lint of your posts is returned.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');