• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

remaining hard water spots after clay bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remaining hard water spots after clay bar

hey guys i have a thread posted a while back about water spots on the windshield and windows (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=50162)
    i tried clay baring the windows and i only get little results on spots that are more noticeable but good results on minor ones. i was successful with one section of 12x8 inches on the front left corner which took nearly an hour but still had a few remaining spots left. is there anything that i can use to get them off a lot easier? i also tried using nxt 2.0 wax after clay bar and it does nothing. i believe these are baked on spots of about 6-7 months but i dont know if the time period made a difference. i also wash 2 times a month or once every 2 months and wax every 3 months. also how do i get dried on wax off of black trim like the mirrors.
    i dont have any power tools so please dont suggest something that needs a power tool to use.
    thank you for the help in advance.
    '11 Nissan Altima 2.5S Special Edition *Radiant Silver*
    '11 Toyota Rav4 Sport *Classic Silver Metallic*

Re: remaining hard water spots after clay bar

No, Nxt wont help.

Can always try some diluted vinegar, diluted alcohol, #105/UC.

As for the wax on trim, can look at something like the All Purpose Cleaners, #39. Or an eraser. Or something oily like peanut butter, vegetable oil... Wash up after of course.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      No, Nxt wont help.

Can always try some diluted vinegar, diluted alcohol, #105/UC.

As for the wax on trim, can look at something like the All Purpose Cleaners, #39. Or an eraser. Or something oily like peanut butter, vegetable oil... Wash up after of course.
      i tried the alcohol and vinegar and it did nothing unless there i did the vinegar wrong. what was the parts for vinegar?
      and for #105/UC is it safe for glass like there will be no swirls or scratches?

Comment

Yeah, just use a soft applicator of course.

I've had a couple applications (like clean glass, apply... let it start to wear off, clea nglass, apply again) of RainX remove some water spots from my glass before.

Comment

Yeah, just use a soft applicator of course.

I've had a couple applications (like clean glass, apply... let it start to wear off, clea nglass, apply again) of RainX remove some water spots from my glass before.
          were those spots just minor where u had to get close to see them like couple inches close? not where u can stand couple feet away and see them. i will try get #105 if they sell it in hawaii. i already spent more than $100 on car stuff im going broke from this little thing

edit: they dont seem to carry #105 at NAPA here not in any other store they said something about Malco water spot remover but i dont know if that works.

Comment

ok i have a choice of malco or #105 or something similar that is if i can get someone to order online for me what path should i take?

Comment

Dont know about the Malco.

What other products do you have? If you have UC, ScratchX, SwirlX... Can always do a test spot with what you have. #105 being strongest of course.

Comment

Get the Heavy Cut Cleaner #4 and use a terry cloth towel and work it hard-I mean sweat when you work it in and it will get rid of your water marks on the windows.

I use it on the bathroom shower glass all the time. It is my go to for window cleaning.

Comment

i got scratch x but i am assuming it might leave small scratches

Comment

No, ScratchX will be milder than the #105...

Comment

No, ScratchX will be milder than the #105...
                      alright give me 2 days to try this out since i have to rewash my car after it rained last night and today

Comment

No need to rush.. dont think they are going anywhere.

Just get a soft applicator and work it in a little. Can always go gentle at first.

Comment

No need to rush.. dont think they are going anywhere.

Just get a soft applicator and work it in a little. Can always go gentle at first.
                          alright i will get back with you in 2 days

Comment

to confirm that scratch x is a solution is yes it is!
                            it works but im having a hard time getting the outline of the spots to go could you tell me in order the weakest to strongest solutions like
                            scratch x < swirl x < xxxx < xxxx
                            i might need something a bit stronger than scratch x

Comment

If no luck, since you are in Hawaii...go to a Marine supply store and buy some Ducky Water Spot Remover. Spray it on, wait 15-20 seconds and wipe off with damp chamois. This stuff is a miracle product for water spots. I sell dozens of bottles in my RV store every season. The sprinkler water at our resort comes out of the golf course lakes and is terrible. If this won't remove the spots, then the glass is actually etched and yes, that can happen.
                              Barry

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');