• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got this email tonight....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got this email tonight....

"Power polish is a thing of the past. When RestorFx gets to town you guys are all going to be left with nothing to do. "

Was in my inbox. So I did some research on the RestorFx name. Found this video:
    RestorFX Automotive Paint RestorationShowroom Shine!RestorFX permanently repairs: most scratches, minor scuffs, swirl marks, faded and weathered paint, and s...

And this site. Pretty convinceing pic of before after:

Apperently it removes scratches, swirls etc and leaves a new showroom shine with a single wipe!!!

Anyone ever hear of them? Know anything about their product? Whoever sent me the email seems to think that power polishing is gonna be a thing of the past when they roll into town.
    Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
    "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Re: Got this email tonight....

Below surface defects get either removed or filled up/ covered. It looks to me that this product belongs to the filler's group.

Comment

Another Miracle Snake Oil

Comment

I really don't get this guy. I don't know him/her at all. I've got a couple of other emails:

"Against a hand applied clear coat? You dinosaurs are going to be on the bread line soon.We don't grind down and lessen the life of your paint, we actually rebuild your paint and it get's better every time. hang on to your wallet. The writing is on the wall. I'm a batter power polisher than you anyway."
        and
        This one:
        "You will learn very soon who we are. This is a polyurethane clear coat 3 times thicker than than the original on your car. or actually wait, you would only own a bicycle so this wouldn't interest you. We will be monopolizing the detail industry in short course. Save your pennies. "

I wished him the best and hope he makes his millions. Told him I'd love to see the product up close. I also asked on their facebook for a quote and they just gave me an phone number to call. I'm just kinda shocked that somone would go this route. Looks like their might be a flood of polishers on the market soon

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG BUFFER View Post
          I really don't get this guy. I don't know him/her at all. I've got a couple of other emails:

"Against a hand applied clear coat? You dinosaurs are going to be on the bread line soon.We don't grind down and lessen the life of your paint, we actually rebuild your paint and it get's better every time. hang on to your wallet. The writing is on the wall. I'm a batter power polisher than you anyway."
          and
          This one:
          "You will learn very soon who we are. This is a polyurethane clear coat 3 times thicker than than the original on your car. or actually wait, you would only own a bicycle so this wouldn't interest you. We will be monopolizing the detail industry in short course. Save your pennies. "
          Couple of things I see right away that says to me loud and clear "STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY AND HIS PRODUCTS"!!

1.) By his own admission, "..We don't grind down and lessen the life of your paint, we actually rebuild your paint and it get's better every time". Is he admitting to using fillers?

2.) I would like to see the vehicles after several car washes. Time and again I have seen vehicles "detailed" only to find the horror of what really occurred after a short period of time.

3.) Most importantly, at least in this email shown above, this guys true colors are beginning to show. He is very demeaning (( You dinosaurs are going to be on the bread line soon )) ((I'm a batter power polisher than you anyway. )) I assume "batter" is a typo for "better".

Does he really believe that speaking this way is going to better (or batter) promote his product or business? Here too (( actually wait, you would only own a bicycle so this wouldn't interest you. We will be monopolizing the detail industry in short course. Save your pennies.)) Now he plays "I'm working on embarrassing you to get your business" card?

NAH...not even remotely interested in this guy, his products or his business techniques!
          Don
          "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

I'm a pretty fair guy. So I've tried to come things down a bit. He's told me someone sent him an email saying his produt was garbage and power polishing was the only way to go. Thought it was me. It was not. Anyhow I am curious about the product and would like to see it in action. Offered to meet with him sometime so i could see it in action for myself. Not just their standard before/after stock shots. Which I think is fair enough. I do have a hard time believing it(RestorFx) will do as he says but am openminded enough to take a look. I will let you all know( my honest opnion..good or bad) how it goes if it happens. I'm kinda surprised how hard it is to get any info on RestorFx. If it is as good as he says you would think there would be a ton of info.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG BUFFER View Post
              I'm a pretty fair guy. So I've tried to come things down a bit. He's told me someone sent him an email saying his produt was garbage and power polishing was the only way to go. Thought it was me. It was not. .
              Even still, whomever the email was meant for and whether someone thought bad of the product is, IMO, irrelevant. As a business person, a cardinal rule is the customer is always right and you never, ever demean someone. I don't mean that to say that the individual was correct in his/her assessment of the product being bad, only that his response to that input was way out of line and extremely unprofessional. He should remember one thing...there is no better advertisement than the word of mouth and that is a two way street.

Good luck to you and truly, keep us posted to your findings.
              Don
              "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Haha. This smells like monkey business all the way...

Funny though, ask him to send a sample for review on MOL
                Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
                Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
                00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Folks please be assured as the RestorFX Owners, we do not run down or demean any competitor product or process. We do not know where this information is coming from and will take action if we found out. We value our competitors and their products. Like every product on the market RestorFX is not the solution to every circumstance.
                  Wether you are a power polisher or any other discipline in the Automotive Business, we all have a place and wish everyone success.

Comment

Originally posted by RestorFX View Post
                    Folks please be assured as the RestorFX Owners, we do not run down or demean any competitor product or process. We do not know where this information is coming from and will take action if we found out. We value our competitors and their products. Like every product on the market RestorFX is not the solution to every circumstance.
                    Wether you are a power polisher or any other discipline in the Automotive Business, we all have a place and wish everyone success.
                    Really? Did you even read the above emails? I never would have posted anything about RestorFx if I hadn’t received these emails. My intentions were not to bash your produt. I was just trying to figure out who the heck this guy was. I no longer care.
                    I have no problems with RestorFX but I have to say I was a bit shocked with the emails. I have to make an honest living in the small city I live in just like everyone else. When some stranger starts to publicly critasize what you do to make that honest living, then yes I become offended. (In his ad he states, "We do not grind down your clear coat as with a cut/power polish") I have a hard time accepting the idea that the person and company behind the emails/ad does business with integrity.
                    As far as I am concerned I am not wasting anymore of my time (or anyone else’s) with this person/RestoreFX and will carry on with my business as usual.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');