• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1500/2000 grit sanding marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1500/2000 grit sanding marks

Tried about everything I have with the DA on some GM paint. Microfiber cutting with D300, foamed wool with M105 and M04, orange LC with M105 and M04. I could have polished the entire car by the time it takes me to get these sanding marks off half of a hood. The only thing I haven't tried that I have is Scratch-X. Should I try by hand with Ultimate Compound or Clear Coat Safe Rubbing Compound? Any help?

Re: 1500/2000 grit sanding marks

IMHO, you'll need rotary to remove sanding mark... and again, you'll need to do many practices before you'll be able to use rotary >.<

DA are just not strong enough to remove sanding mark, but a perfect tool for beginer to remove swirl and scratch... ( not a deep deep scratch )
    Proud to be part of Meguiars Family

Comment

Re: 1500/2000 grit sanding marks

After more work I've got some of it coming out by hand on a microfiber applicator and D300 or M105. It's just time comsuming and wearing me out. Anything a little more aggressive I can use by hand? I'm about to go get some CC Safe Compound if it'll work a little faster. I can get what's left with the DA and D300.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');