• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garage or no garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage or no garage?

In August, i'm moving to a new apartment complex in a nice area and garages are offered. I was put on the wait list 4 months ago, and they have told me that they were able to locate a garage for me right next to my apartment. Keep in mine, there are 400 apartments on the complex, and 30 garages The garage cost $75 per month. I feel like this is an easy question to answer, but how many of you think I should just get the garage and spend the extra money? Any constructive criticism is welcome.
    If you live around Charlotte, NC and would like your car detailed, PM me.

Re: Garage or no garage?

Are you allowed to work in the garage?

Comment

I vote to get it.

A "garaged" vehicle is a good investment. Try it for a few months, you can always change your mind based on $. I assume you can give 30 days notice.
      Last edited by Jossy92; Jun 10, 2011, 08:09 AM. Reason: clarificatiion
      Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
      by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

If you can financially I would say get it. It will also be nice to have peace of mind knowing your car is safely tucked away. Plus I would imagine you'll have a bit more storage space and a place to work on your car.
        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Yes, you are allowed to work on the car in the garage. I do plan on getting the garage now. The car has been in a garage its whole life, and I don't see why I should change that now. I also plan on getting a new car within then next year, so that will have to be in the garage anyways . Also, if I don't get the garage now, there is a good chance I will never get one that is close to my apartment, I would have to walk around the complex just to get there. Thanks for all of the comments.

Comment

Definitely a garage.
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Definitely garage! Amazing how much cleaner the car stays when it's tucked away daily vs. sitting outside 24/7.

Is there power in the unit? Are there walls that separate them from the other units?
              Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                Definitely garage! Amazing how much cleaner the car stays when it's tucked away daily vs. sitting outside 24/7.

Is there power in the unit? Are there walls that separate them from the other units?
                Plus its nice to only have to clay once or twice a year vs several times if parked outside every night.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Kyle, I've admired your car from afar. I would prefer you park it inside.

Thanks,

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  David

Comment

Since you can work in it then Yes get the garage

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies! I have reserved the garage along with the apartment. I just can't see my Z being left outside for a mere $75 a month. The garages are also all separated from one another, and they do have power units. The only thing they don't have is shelves, but I can bring my own.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');