• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CD2 or ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD2 or ...?

I've been reading through all the engine detailing threads and there seems to be a general concensus that CD2 is one of the best engine detailers/dressings...but is it still available?? If not, what is your current preference? I've read that Meguiar's Hyperdressing is good but attracts dust much more so than CD2.

What do you like?

Re: CD2 or ...?

CD-2 has been discontinued

CD-2 was a great engine dressing.

Comment

That's what I figured. So what do you use now Fly Bye?

Comment

Originally posted by speajo View Post

That's what I figured. So what do you use now Fly Bye?

Nothing at the moment.

Comment

CD-2 vote here.

There is a 'new' Gunk Product out...'Gunk Detail' that looks to be very similar to CD. Havn't seen it yet to give it a go.

Bill

Comment

I have been using CD2 for quite some time now and am disappointed at what I just read. I have a few cans left, but will have to find something else when I run out. Just checked Ebay and there is quite a bit floating around there.
            The only problem I have with CD2 is that the spray nozzle always clogged. I would have to take it off and rinse it out to get the proper spray pattern. Other that that it has been the best engine detailer I have used.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Bye View Post
              CD-2 has been discontinued
              What's the source of your information? Every couple of years this rumor surfaces and I continue to find CD2. It's still on the TW Web site:

TL

Comment

Originally posted by mswerb View Post
                The only problem I have with CD2 is that the spray nozzle always clogged. I would have to take it off and rinse it out to get the proper spray pattern. Other that that it has been the best engine detailer I have used.
                As with spray paints and other aerosols, if you invert the can and spray until nothing but propellent comes out there's nothing left in the nozzle to clog.

TL

Comment

Originally posted by TLMitchell View Post

What's the source of your information? Every couple of years this rumor surfaces and I continue to find CD2. It's still on the TW Web site:

TL

Did you try to navigate to the Turtle Wax online store? That website obviously has not been updated in quite some time. There are three products available by CD2, (A division of Turtle Wax) and the engine dressing isn't one of them. There is: Oil detergent, Oil treatment and Stop leak.

Turtle wax has another site http://www.turtlewax.com/

I saw a can of CD2 on Ebay for $15, but that doesn't mean it's a current product.

Comment

I just did quickie look at Auto Zone...in stock...$5.99. At least in the Mankato, MN store.

Bill

Comment

I remember it being "discontinued" years ago, yet, CD2 is ALWAYS in stock at my local stores, month after month, sale after sale.

Comment

It's not available in Nor Cal for some reason?

Comment

It's a conspiracy, we weren't supposed to tell you.

TL

Comment

I live in Nor-Cal (Sac/Lodi/Placerville area) and manage to find it with ease?

Comment

CD2 is the product that will not die, I would swear Turtle Wax deliberately spreads rumors of its demise to help move product. Last year the rumor of discontinuing came around and I read instances of people on discussion boards running to their local auto parts stores to clean out available stock...5, 10, and even 20 can purchases were claimed by individuals.

I have had great results with mixtures of APC (varies depending on how dirty the engine bay is), agitating with various brushes, rinsing, then dressing with something like 303 Aerospace or Mirror Glaze #40 (Hyper Dressing seems a popular option as well). A product like CD2 that claims to clean without scrubbing worries me, both for the sake of the sensitive components underhood as well as my own health.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');